Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I thought I started a build thread but I could not find it. So here it is.
Bought this old rusty body at a swap meet a year and a half ago. Plans are a 428 4 speed. It is going to be a track car. I would like it to be more period correct that the fastest. I have been busy and not much time to work on it so I have been acquiring parts. This is my starting point.

glass hood and fenders

·
Premium Member
2,059 Posts
I am no longer wanking about the condition of my car, you have a lot of work there. Like to know how the shrinker stretcher works.

Just picked up a couple of el cheepo paint guns from Northern tool. See how they work, only need to work for this one project, I aint never doing this again:cry:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Cool project car you have there! Are the glass hood and fenders something you got at a swap meet? Or are they still being made And available. They look the same as my 63 falcon convertble fenders.
The 57 ford 9 inch rear end just bolt in? Or did you have to narrow it?
Is this car gunna have a straight axle on the front?
Man your gunna have one way cool gasser there!!!

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
9 in is a bolt in . No narrowing required. Yes I have a tube straight axle to install in the front. Hood was ordered form Crites in Ohio. I bought fenders off craigslist but they are also still available new. I am getting ready to get back on this project. Still have some metal work to finish on my sons Coupe to fast back project. Thanks!

·
Registered
368 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts