Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I am starting to restore a 1962 Falcon 2 door which has the wrap around rear glass. I have called numerous places and they all say the same thing - No! I am told that I will need to find an original one. Does anyone out there know of one or know of someone who can manufacture one? I am at a loss on where to look next. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I really would not mind driving to pick it up or even paying to have it delivered by someone and not a large company with the risk of having it broke. If anyone knows of one in good shape, I would love to hear about it. Does not matter where it is located. Thanks everyone.

·
Premium Member
34,853 Posts
I can find you one in a matter of 20 minutes. But I don't do this for money I do it to help people. :) If you're a people I'll help you!

Check out this link... 1962 Falcon 2 dr.
The car is only about 150 miles from me. For $550 the whole car can be bought. I can then remove the rear window and wait for you to drive the requisite 2700 miles to pick it up....

Or you can take a look HERE and find one closer to you. Craigslist Search | Craigslist.com Search All Of Craigslist!!

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I can find you one in a matter of 20 minutes. But I don't do this for money I do it to help people. :) If you're a people I'll help you!

Check out this link... 1962 Falcon 2 dr.
The car is only about 150 miles from me. For $550 the whole car can be bought. I can then remove the rear window and wait for you to drive the requisite 2700 miles to pick it up....

Or you can take a look HERE and find one closer to you. Craigslist Search | Craigslist.com Search All Of Craigslist!!
I think he's ppl. but I had the same thought about him driving to pick up, could end up costing more to pick up than its worth.

Dont feel bad about the big curved rear glass, I to have the same problem with a '61 Ford Fairlane 2 dr. Aint ANY that I have found setting around, and the 2 or 3 glass guys I've talked to has had 0 hits on finding one...:(

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys for the help. I do have the original glass but it is scratched, seal is gone etc. I guess I am going to have to look for whole cars on Craigslist, eBay etc cheap and ask about the rear glass and hope it is in good shape. Thanks.

·
Registered
698 Posts
I just checked on Safelite Autoglass website (Safelite AutoGlass® - Windshield Repair & Replacement), they have both sedan and coupe (even wagons) style listed for rear glass. Now availability may not be in stock but they most likely can get..

Another option is CL.. Right now in my area there is about 3 Falcon sedans for sale, plus 2 wagons and a SD. What you might find is a car you can get on the cheap that you can use for more than just the rear glass for parts. Also you might explore the local junk yards / pull parts.. I got lucky and one had a 62 Ranch and a 63 Sedan back when I was in North Carolina. They crushed the 63. But it had good fenders and glass. I guess they crushed since not to many customers needing Falcon parts.. When I was walking around I found several early 60's Chevy P/U's my co-worker was happy I found for him. He got some parts off them for his 65 stepside.

Out on the west coast you could try Wall2Wall Falcons. I forget the guy out on the east coast. But basic same thing Falcon specific salvage / parts.

·
Registered
221 Posts
CHB 162, I know this is 9 months later, but I'm curious to know if you found a rear glass for your 62. I just happen to have a 62 2dr sdn with the bubble glass. Click on my flickr site and look at the pics. I'm in Texas so shipping will kill you and I'm another 2000 miles from FE. I'll give it to you if need be.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts