Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help with my front turn signals, they do not flash... I hit the running light and they work, the back work, brake lights work and rear turn signal off the tail lights work but the front do not, where can I start? Or if this has been solved and discussed already, what's the link to the discussion? Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Not sure if you have these yet or not but should be able to track it down. Hope it helps
Falcon Wiring 1.jpg
Falcon Wiring 2.jpg

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
358 Posts
The year of your car could matter also as there were some subtle changes. Such as the horn relay not used in in later years and the fuses moved from the light switch to an actual fuse block. Some parts are the same, though. The turn signal switch should be the same and the location I would start with. Sorry this jpg is so small. If you can read it at all it should give you an idea on how the current it routed to the front lights and how Ford isolated the front lights from the rear. I have '65 wiring diagram if your car was built after '64. Let me know if you need those and keep us updated with what you find.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The year of your car could matter also as there were some subtle changes. Such as the horn relay not used in in later years and the fuses moved from the light switch to an actual fuse block. Some parts are the same, though. The turn signal switch should be the same and the location I would start with. Sorry this jpg is so small. If you can read it at all it should give you an idea on how the current it routed to the front lights and how Ford isolated the front lights from the rear. I have '65 wiring diagram if your car was built after '64. Let me know if you need those and keep us updated with what you find.
Thanks for the response, I have a wire diagram for it and so I'm breaking my head seeing and trying to follow wires to match to my diagram, I might look into buying another turn signal switch witch is inside the steering wheel and start from there, already the switch that is currently on there is not an original switch.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I feel your pain. The diagram will be very beneficial. I have one for the 64 along with a work shop manual and find them very useful along with a test light. All my 64 futura lights work great but the high beam indicator stays back lit even when the lights are on dim. Can not trace it out. Thinking it might be in the dimmer switch connection. Any help and advice will be appreciated. THANKS. I'll look into your blinker prob and try to respond.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Another note for the lighting issue. Go to Jim Osborne Reproductions, Inchttp://osborn-reproduction.com/ and get the MP 145 issue if you're driving a 64. I have one and find it very helpful also as is the 64 work shop manual. Money well spent. I hope the link works and hope you get the signal lights working. It's still legal in Alabama to use hand/arm signals. LOL. Reply anytime. I'm retired, tinker with the car most everyday and stay up late.
osborn-reproduction.com

·
Registered
17 Posts
Not to sound condescending again but go to the bulbs first. On the 64 they are a dual element bulb. One element for "park" light and the other for turn signal. Not sure about your 62 as I don't have the print on it. Let me know if this helps. I'm tryin to get started on this forum but haven't had much contact.

·
Subscriber
523 Posts
the '62 flasher is just two prongs - power in, power out.
maybe the flasher wire to the light is broken/disconnected?

i'd unplug the connector at the firewall, turn the flashers on, and see if I could find the signal coming into the engine bay. if you can, its the wiring between there and the light. if not, start checking under the dash.

·
Registered
358 Posts
"...brake lights work and rear turn signal off the tail lights work but the front do not "...
I agree with the "broken/disconnected" idea since the OP stated that the switch was replaced previously. That would more than likely be under the horn button since most replacement kits give you the bare minimum and rely on the user to splice it in somewhere.

i'd unplug the connector at the firewall, turn the flashers on, and see if I could find the signal coming into the engine bay. if you can, its the wiring between there and the light. if not, start checking under the dash.
You should get the signal at the connector behind the parking light without having to wrestle with the firewall connector. That way you are only dealing with one circuit.

·
Registered
17 Posts

"...brake lights work and rear turn signal off the tail lights work but the front do not "...
I agree with the "broken/disconnected" idea since the OP stated that the switch was replaced previously. That would more than likely be under the horn button since most replacement kits give you the bare minimum and rely on the user to splice it in somewhere.

You should get the signal at the connector behind the parking light without having to wrestle with the firewall connector. That way you are only dealing with one circuit.

I need help with my front turn signals, they do not flash... I hit the running light and they work, the back work, brake lights work and rear turn signal off the tail lights work but the front do not, where can I start? Or if this has been solved and discussed already, what's the link to the discussion? Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Not to sound condescending again but go to the bulbs first. On the 64 they are a dual element bulb. One element for "park" light and the other for turn signal. Not sure about your 62 as I don't have the print on it. Let me know if this helps. I'm tryin to get started on this forum but haven't had much contact.
Now that you mention that actually cannot recall what they are, I bought it that way, let me check them out and see what they are.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Great idea, thank you.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts