Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
I believe these are the plates go in place of the block plate but I suggest never to use them buy the right plate first is 390-428 second 460
Was just curious, I notice this plate but it's enter diameter is smaller then the Stock Starter Bolt Housing if in place between the stock starter and the bell-housing I don't believe the starter can be bolted to the engine.

I believe this was to be used on an engine which would be on an engine stand as so this would be on the other side so the Stock starter can be bolted without the bell-housing. Or it's used as an adapter for a different type of starter (Hi-Torque) and not a stock starter.

Just my observation.

Attachments

·
Registered
128 Posts
I dunno after playing with the fords and the whole backing plate ordeals you are just 100 percent better off pulling the trans and the flywheel go on ebay buy a used plate and install it you problem will be solved, yes it sucks to half to do all that but your better off

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I dunno after playing with the fords and the whole backing plate ordeals you are just 100 percent better off pulling the trans and the flywheel go on ebay buy a used plate and install it you problem will be solved, yes it sucks to half to do all that but your better off
I don't disagree and that is my plan...

21 - 23 of 23 Posts