Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Folks,

I've been looking at getting an early Falcon to use as a semi-daily driver. My all-time favorite is the 63 1/2 Sprint, and I will be looking at one this week. It is beautifully finished and was originally equipped with the 260 and a four-speed but currently has a warmed over 302 with approximately 15,000 miles. It has been updated with A/C and a nice stereo, but otherwise the rest of the car is all stock (including brakes and manual steering). Color is black over black, condition is excellent, and it needs nothing. The current owner has had it for quite a while, and it looks like it was well taken care of.

Asking price is $20,000 - any thoughts on whether the asking price is in line with their current value?

Any and all input is greatly appreciated!

Cheers, Ken

·
Premium Member
34,855 Posts
OK fine, I'l say it anyway....

This $20K car you're showing pics of is likely only worth about $12,000 to $16,000 bucks. NOBODY pays $20K for a 63 falcon....

Now if you bought a Rusty normal 63 Falcon, and put in a 302 and 4 speed and painted it, you'd find yourself at about $7500 bucks into the car, and about $8500 into it with the old school aftermarket style AC.

So if you got the time, build your own, or buy this one but don't offer much more than $16K in my opinion....

·
Premium Member
4,010 Posts
$12,000 to $14,000 for a Falcon.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Hello Folks,

I've been looking at getting an early Falcon to use as a semi-daily driver. My all-time favorite is the 63 1/2 Sprint, and I will be looking at one this week. It is beautifully finished and was originally equipped with the 260 and a four-speed but currently has a warmed over 302 with approximately 15,000 miles. It has been updated with A/C and a nice stereo, but otherwise the rest of the car is all stock (including brakes and manual steering). Color is black over black, condition is excellent, and it needs nothing. The current owner has had it for quite a while, and it looks like it was well taken care of.

Asking price is $20,000 - any thoughts on whether the asking price is in line with their current value?

Cheers, Ken
If the car is solid and the work was done correctlly it is worth in the $14000-$18000 range if it is a Factory Sprint in my opinion. You can not build it for that price.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Hello Folks,

Cheers, Ken
Condition excellent and car needs nothing, then yea price is ok. If you can talk him down a couple grand then even better.

Not a lot of price info out there for them but from what I have seen the REALLY nice ones bring money. 22-26K

2door hardtops bring money, and V8/4 speed hardtops bring even more.

I agree with cmefly...... You could not build the car for that price.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Nice looking car...I tend to agree with the others that say it is overpriced.

Let me elaborate on that a bit...

Overpriced compared to what other similar Falcons are selling for, not overpriced for what he probably spent restoring/finishing it. Unfortunately or fortunately depending on if you are the seller or buyer...Falcons are not a high dollar car even when tons of money and effort are spent on them.

This one sold recently on ebay for $12,500 and is probably a "fairly" close comparison.

Ford : Falcon Sprint in Ford | eBay Motors

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hello again, and thanks for the thoughtful replies.

All along I always felt that the car was overpriced but I felt a need to reach out to y'all to confirm that belief, as I haven't come across very many 63 1/2 Sprints with four speeds for sale locally (and believe me, I have been scouring the ads for a year or so).

I looked at the car yesterday, and although it was nice (but not perfect by any stretch), and the fellow who is selling it was extremely cordial and helpful, I did not feel it was worth the asking price, which he was holding firm at 20K. I certainly don't begrudge the owner his right to get as much as possible for the car (as would I); I guess I'm just a bit out of step with the current market.

That being said, the car was sold last evening, after being for sale for only a week, for full price, to a buyer in another state, sight unseen (except by way of pictures).

Living in the SF Bay Area I have come to expect that hobby cars prices around here tend to run around 15 to 20 percent higher than elsewhere in the US, but I guess that is not an impediment for some folks...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts