Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 390 z code 63 500. Does the z code 390 come with solid lifters? The reason I ask is it has adjustable rocker arms. I am familiar with fe motors and know that most have four bolts you tighten down to set the valve lash, but this on has the adjustable rockers arms. Maybe someone mixing things up? Did 1963 galaxie z code 390 come with solid lifters?

·
Registered
419 Posts
It would not have had adjustable rocker arm or solid lifters from the factory.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks a lot for the info. I did not think that they came with solid lifters on a z code, but FE you bring up a great possibility. I guess will have to part number some things and see where that takes me. Found out it has hydraulic lifters with adjustable rockers. Sounds like someone is mixing and matching ford stuff.

·
Super Moderator
21,524 Posts
All the 1962 FE engines I've had were solid lifter with adjustable rockers engines.

Maybe you got one of the early 63's?
Gary, it IS a '63 :) Durn you got that answer right by saying it might be an early '63 or maybe it's a late one but... silly wabbit

·
Registered
419 Posts
62 Z Code would be hydraulic lifter as well, solid lifter would be the Hipo M code engine. In 61 there were both hydraulic and solid lifter Z code 390, but the solid was the hipo version.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts