Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a very, very nice 1963 R-code ragtop on eBay. It was restored by a previous owner, the also very nice Dave Walters of 427Registry.com. Check out the comments at the bottom, and confusion that reigns over Ford engines and VIN numbers. The seller gives J.C. Allison a serious run for his money for sheer volubility.

1963 Galaxie XL Convertlbe R-Code

·
Registered
925 Posts
Holy crap, what a wind bag. I love it towards the end (I skipped to the end) where he says "I could go on and on"..... Too late already done that.
Mike

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
I want to see the one that unloads the amount of money needed to buy this car.
I have a few items I'd like to sell him.

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
There is a very, very nice 1963 R-code ragtop on eBay. It was restored by a previous owner, the also very nice Dave Walters of 427Registry.com. Check out the comments at the bottom, and confusion that reigns over Ford engines and VIN numbers. The seller gives J.C. Allison a serious run for his money for sheer volubility.

1963 Galaxie XL Convertlbe R-Code
WOW!! It took a while to read that.. Guess how many times he used the word "rare" heheh.. It really IS a beautiful car.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
In fairness, the seller seems to be a true car-lover and a right disciple of American muscle (and even Ford muscle, despite his Mopar-derived handle). That said, he maybe needs to lay off the keyboard a bit and let his carpal tunnel syndrome chill out.

At one point (I think it was in the comments, but who knows, after a while it all blends together!) he mentions how this terrific convertible is a "six figure" car. Clearly that's what he's shooting for. As Galaxie owners, we probably should admit that's a double edged sword. If prices go up, it will be harder for us to buy Galaxies, and parts and everything else could become more expensive. On the other, hand, higher car sale prices mean our Galaxies are worth more. It would be meaningful for an extra-desirable convertible, with a 427, to crack $100K+. I am skeptical that will happen. Perhaps he is offering it on eBay before the more complicated step of sending it to Mecum, Barrett-Jackson, etc. Good luck to him. If he sells this car as he'd like, he ought to change his name to TonyFE.

·
Administrator
21,759 Posts
So what makes it one of a kind? I couldn't handle reading all that. I read the 1st paragraph bout how rare 4 spd big block original convertibles there may be but one of a kind for this one? There are others so just curious bout that part.

·
Registered
7,376 Posts
He maybe needs to lay off the keyboard a bit and let his carpal tunnel syndrome chill out.
Hey Mr. QCRC,
Just a few BRIEF comments:

Don't think that the author is the owner of the VERY nicely done old Gal.

As to the rarity of the vehicle... It seems to me to be a VERY NICELY DONE, but quite ordinary R-Code.

As to what was written, which YOU described as "voluble" (ready or rapid speech, glib, fluent), probably a BETTER word would have been "loquacity" (the quality or state of being VERY talkative).

With that said, being a professional writer, I recognized one thing about what was written: It was NOT done at a single sitting! Whomever it was that wrote that loquacious article did it in at least four, and maybe even six sessions, for that's how many times he said essentially the same thing.

What he needed was an editor.

As for MY Volubility or Loquacity, the only thing to which I can attribute it is that having been a writer, and typesetter, my typing skills are quite above the norm, as are my vocabulary, spelling, and grammar. Would it were that my mechanic's skills matched my writing skills.

I enjoy writing, and consider the work done on Ms. American and Lorrie Van Haul as only half of the Old Car Hobby. The OTHER half being giving detailed accounts of what was done to and with them.

Nuff said.

JC

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
95 grand and 3 hours left....................

·
Registered
977 Posts
well said JC.
My newest FREE project car will take take more money and time than I care to put into it. I'll be parting it out and keeping the motor/tranny,rear end , the front end(all new bushing,ball joints ,coil spring). The gas tank will fit "SnoWhite",daul exhaust, bucket seats/console .Besides it's PROPERTY TAX time.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts