Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have for sale a 1963.5 Ford Galaxie500XL with a factory 390. It is a two door Fastback with bucket seats, center console, and a floor shifter. It has factory A/C, PS and PB. It is a California Car from the beginning (no rust). I have everything for the car with the exception of the driver side quarter panel upper trim piece. The 390 and ford o’ matic automatic trans have been rebuilt. I have the original 4bbl carb and cast intake as well as several FOMOCO ford 427 parts that I intended on putting on. The paint and bodywork have been started. I have owned the car since 1997; it has been garaged or covered ever since. This car is a diamond in the rough. It needs a home that will bring her to her glory. Asking $5000.00 excluding the 427 parts, $9000.00 with the 427 parts. I will not accept trades or bartering of any kind, CASHONLY. If you have any questions please feel free to call Josh at 661-810-8533 or email me at [email protected]. Thank you and have a great day.
IMG_20110412_151634.jpg

IMG_20110123_163629.jpg

IMG_20110412_150840.jpg

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i was kinda thinking the same thing. what would a good price be for the car. do you think i could get more if i were to part it out?

·
Registered
419 Posts
yeah i was kinda thinking the same thing. what would a good price be for the car. do you think i could get more if i were to part it out?
You may be able to get a some money for the 427 parts, depending on what they are and their condition. As far as parting the rest of the car out, personally I think you would be better lowering your price and getting someone to take the whole thing. The problem with parting a car like that out is that a few desirable parts go first, and then you have the rest for a long time. Eventually you end up just about giving them away to get rid of them.

What are the 427 parts?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a 427 med rise dual quad intake with holley 650 carbs and the linkage, low rise heads that have been built by pettis performance in hesperia, oe adjustable rocker arms, 427 M/T uncut valve covers, and the ribbed oval aircleaner. All the aluminum parts have been bead blasted and powdercoated clear.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Ah, I was hoping that was paint in the pictures not powdercoat... Too bad.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Wow. FE thinks something is worth more than I do.

I bought a 63.5, 2 years ago that was in similiar condition. Mine had a little rust to be repaired, but I also drove it off the trailer and into my shop :)

I paid $1500 or so for my car. Yours is nice and the lack of rust is definately worth something, but the car still needs a full interior and some expensive trim, actually it still needs a full restoration.
I think if that car were local to me I would be offering somewhere between $2000-$2500 for the car pending a trunk and undercar checkout.

This excludes the 427 parts.

either way, Good luck! I love 63 Galaxie fastbacks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts