Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally had time again to start making progress on my 1963 fastback. My dad and I traded a 514 BBF that we use to drag race with for the Galaxie and a 1963 Falcon. I got the falcon up and running and sold it to my brother and ultimately bought the Galaxie from my dad. I drove it the summer of 2014 and over the winter rebuilt the front brakes and added a Wilwood master cylinder. I drove it as a daily driver for two summer before it developed a leak in the surge tank which lead to me discovering a leaky head gasket and a small amount of antifreeze in the oil. I sent the heads in to a local machine shop in February for a rebuild and almost have it back on the road. My long term plan is to keep the FE, add RideTech Coilovers and 4 link rear, Fatman A Arms and wildwood discs in the front. Im leaning towards 18" Torq Thrusts but for now the Keystones will do.

Attachments

·
Registered
67 Posts
That looks a lot like our 63 fastback! I purchased it from the original owner but in non-running condition. He had started a restoration on it before he ran out of health/patience/money. We've had it for about 2 1/2 years now and have only driven it a few times since getting it running and replacing the cruisomatic with a C6. Just yesterday I started tearing out the front suspension to rebuild it, add wilwood discs, and hydroboost.

These vintage cars are a helluva lot easier to work on than the new stuff!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts