Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1963 Ford 289 tripower engine for sale. C3AE-6015N dated3D12, 5 bolt bell housing.
I bought this engine to build a “Phantom Dealer HIPO option”for my 1963 Ford Falcon Sprint but sold the car before finishing it (yes I kept the original 260 in it and know they never came with a 289 hence “Phantom”).Engine had approx. 1K miles on it before I disassembled it. It has been tanked and pressure tested – all sound/solid. All casting slag and sharp edges have been smoothed (incl oil galleys), all threads chased. Strong cross-hatching and no ridge on all cylinders that had been bored to 4.030. Intent was to stroke to 331cid and paint black with respective external accoutrements to disguise real power potential. Never purchased the stroker parts.
Comes with: complete tri-power set up w/manual choke (intake,carbs-have Holley list #’s, progressive linkage, fuel log, air cleaner) likely a Blue Oval or Dearborn unit NOT original FoMoCo, rare draft tube that has been black powder coated (comes with optional PCV/draft tube delete cover and/or PCV attachment), new HIPO 289 (K code) solid lifter cam and lifters from Marvins Mustangs in Richmond, VA, original 1963 FoMoCo distributor (C3AF-12127-U) rebuilt & blue printed by Distributor Dynamics (Chuck Barbero) curved to match cam(have spec sheet) with vacuum advance delete (like HIPO) & Pertronix Ignitor e-ignition installed, complete (unassembled) PBM Strike Force aluminum angle-plug heads (60cc chambers, 210cc runner volume, 2.02/1.60 valves, springs,retainers, studs, keepers, etc), also comes with original 1963 single dot cast iron non-HIPO small chamber heads, original 1M FoMoCo crankshaft turned 10/10, thick.990 Mexican main caps (must line bore if used) and also original main caps, originalFoMoCo forged 289 rods, black powder coated crank pulley, original early “no-hole”valve covers, early timing cover with oil fill tube, oil pan & complete Fel-Progasket set. Comes with Tri-Power Bulletin #562 signed by Michael Bratland(wealth of tri-power knowledge) and Mustang and Ford Small Block V8 book by BobMannel (outstanding reference for ID’ing FoMoCo parts). Takes lots of time andresearch to assemble something like this so this will save you time but it willneed additional parts (rings, bearings, etc) to make it run. Photos at yourrequest. I prefer to sell as complete unitbut will consider parting out for the right price. Looks great as a show piecenext to my work bench but it needs to go and run and I have no use for it now.Email me at [email protected] ortext 954-299-9411 if interested. Thanks, Eric

1 - 1 of 1 Posts