Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
my poppy FE would be a good person to ask..

My bad you are looking for the base model ford some reason i had falcon on my head, but still FE MIGHT know where to hunt one up

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
my poppy FE would be a good person to ask..

My bad you are looking for the base model ford some reason i had falcon on my head, but still FE MIGHT know where to hunt one up
Here's what I'm looking for. I think this is already sold. It don't have to have a 427 in it either.

Attachments

·
Administrator
21,661 Posts
Not exactly related but i was at a small car show/cruise saturday with friends and this won best muscle car over the Camaro that always wins. The guy is a bit spoiled and he was not happy but you can't winnem all even if you do have more HP LOL A 70s Torino won something also and it was a first for him so i was happy for the old guy. Fords were ruling that day! Will post pics in another thread. But here's the '63. Sometime he wants to make it a Thunderbolt clone i was told. First i'd seen it there.

63gal.jpg

·
Premium Member
5,388 Posts
Reading between the lines, I see a Lightweight clone being built. :)

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Better NOT be for a friend! He'll hate you in about 3 years when he's finished with that one! LOL
Gary,
You could be right about that. It looks like a lot of work to me. There is just not many real 300, 2 doors out there, or I cant find them. :bicker:

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Reading between the lines, I see a Lightweight clone being built. :)
After I saw the one in the pic I thought the same thing... ;) :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 63 Ford 300 4 door that needs complete restoration..Black exterior..6 cylinder..body..doors..bumpers and even grill and rear of car..great condition.. 509-987-3922 Rueben/Washington state..

·
Registered
1 Posts
I found this Jewel not sure what motor is in it. V8 with a 4 Barrel maybe at 390?I have a 460 from my motorhome available but I think I 390 would be a better fit for this car.

Attachments

·
Registered
209 Posts
Pictures a bit fuzzy but it looks like either a 351c or a 351m/400. Either one will get the car down the road good, just not the right choice for the car IMO. A 390 4v would look good in there but your 429 would be a good choice also. Ran into an old friend a few years ago who was running a 63 4dr 300 at the drag strip. Had a built 429 in it and was running in the 10's with it. Said he used to have a FE engine in it until the FE part (****ing expensive) caught up with him. That looks like it could be a killer ride once restored.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts