Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive recently replaced my valve cover gasket, ignition coil, all plugs and plug wires, the dist cap and starter it self, the engine is a line 6 170 2 speed automatic tranny. withing the passed week ive had the car in a shop due to shredded flywheel teeth, so after i got the ring of teetha nd took the car in i later got a call saying theyed have to send the torque converter in to be reubuilt and have the ring added or something, i say ok, as of yesterday as the shop closed i get a call saying everything is in nice and fine and its cranking really good, but it wont ignite and start running, could it be a fuel clog or bad solenoid? i have an electronic ignition in my distributor as well and maybe the gap is off, ort the timing of the engine is off? the very last thing i did b4 i sent the car in via tow was take out the distributor, turn the chrank wheel till the marks were lined up, and then slipped the dist back in where the rotor was pointing at or just before the #1 plug, currently no calls today and they close in less then 4 hours, any ideas?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts