Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Can we get back to my question now? Thanks. Still need info on all engine and transmission lines for a 1963 Galaxie with a 390/Cruise-O-Matic combo

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
For some reason Yahoo wouldn't let me attach the images,so here's the lines I need identified and to know where they connect to:

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
The two lines on the passenger's side run down and forward along the block and then cross over to connect to the cooler on the radiator. The line on the driver's side is a vacuum line to the modulator. It goes to manifold vacuum.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
The two lines on the passenger's side run down and forward along the block and then cross over to connect to the cooler on the radiator. The line on the driver's side is a vacuum line to the modulator. It goes to manifold vacuum.

So the top one with a kink in it and the lower one where the rubber hose is go to the cooler on the radiator?

What about the one by the shift linkage? And the piece on the rear of the passenger side by the tail housing?

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
I didn't see the one by the linkage. I have no clue as to what the fitting sticking out the back on the passenger's side is. I don't think that should be there.

·
Registered
924 Posts
I believe that line with the hose on it high on the front right side is a case breather, just vents the case. The fittings low on the right side front and back are the trans cooler lines I believe. And the pipe by the shift lever as stated goes to the vaccum modulater and is connected to engine vaccum on the manifold.
Mike

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
The line on the driver's side by the shift linkage is the vacuum line and goes to the intake manifold. The line on top with the hose is a breather and should not have a hose on it. The fitting on the back right side is a cooler line. The fitting on the right side front by the belhousing is a cooler line.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
I guess you can tell how long it has been since I have messed with a cruise-o-matic.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
The line on the driver's side by the shift linkage is the vacuum line and goes to the intake manifold. The line on top with the hose is a breather and should not have a hose on it. The fitting on the back right side is a cooler line. The fitting on the right side front by the belhousing is a cooler line.
Not to be a pain in the ass,but yes,I need some kind of diagram as to what goes where,or even photo references.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Looking at the picture of you're Edelbrock manifold you've only got one choice for engine vacuum, it is in the runner on the passenger side rear by the chain. You will just need a fitting to thread into that port with the right size nipple to run a vacuum hose to that pipe on the left side of the trans. If you have other vacuum accessories like power brakes you will need a fitting with more than one nipple.
Mike

21 - 35 of 35 Posts