Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey,
I found a 63 ford galaxie in a barn. No idea the motor ect, has been sitting for 20 some years. Very little/no rust. Inside needs to be redone, but it is all there. What would this be worth, I know its hard without options ect, but if I were to pull it out and sell it to someone to restore what would it go for? Just kind of wondering, I can pick it up cheap but want to see if it would be worth my effort/time/fuel.

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
Ford guy that would be Galaxie.

2 door, 4 door or convert?
As for rust have you looked under the car and under the carpet and seats?
Worth from a few hundred to maybe a couple thousand. All depends on a lot of factors.

Convert-the most
4 door -the least

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sorry I thought I had said that. It is a convertible. Floors seemed pretty solid, the barn let some animals in so the inside is dirty, but everything is there. As long as I can get 1k out of it, it would be worth it. It is a 2 door, blue, the tailights are even intact.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: 1963 Ford Galaxie

Ford guy that would be Galaxie.

2 door, 4 door or convert?
As for rust have you looked under the car and under the carpet and seats?
Worth from a few hundred to maybe a couple thousand. All depends on a lot of factors.

Convert-the most
4 door -the least
Sorry my computer decided I was wrong :p

·
Registered
419 Posts
Hey,
I found a 63 ford galaxie in a barn. No idea the motor ect, has been sitting for 20 some years. Very little/no rust. Inside needs to be redone, but it is all there. What would this be worth, I know its hard without options ect, but if I were to pull it out and sell it to someone to restore what would it go for? Just kind of wondering, I can pick it up cheap but want to see if it would be worth my effort/time/fuel.
Too many unknown factors there. Engine/Trans combo is the biggest one, followed by interior group. If you can get the info from the door tag it will make it alot easier.

·
Administrator
21,922 Posts
CJFord, don't worry, won't be long you'll have trouble spelling the other kind of Galaxy with the Y, I know i have to pause on that one as i don't talk about the stars much. lol

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.