Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the bucket seats in a fastback have a carpeted square on it in the back? Anyone have any pics of one I can reference ? Square like about 12x16 or so located behind the backrest of the bucket facing the back seat

·
Registered
695 Posts
I am pretty sure that the '63 is about the same as a '64 and mine does not have any carpet on the back side. Can't find any good pictures of the back side of my '64 seats, but everything behind the chrome trim on the side is metal.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,388 Posts
The '64 has the hard shell on the back. The '63 hasn't. The '63 seat is also squarer looking than the '64.

·
Premium Member
3,641 Posts
I am pretty sure that the '63 is about the same as a '64 and mine does not have any carpet on the back side. Can't find any good pictures of the back side of my '64 seats, but everything behind the chrome trim on the side is metal.
no ...63 upholstery and seats are diffrent from 64...

look at this youtube video at about 3.10 minuits in....
cant tell but dont think theres any carpet material on back side of seat....

1963 Ford Galaxie 500XL Convertible for sale - YouTube

·
Premium Member
3,641 Posts
heres a 63 mercury.... seats/frames look the same but upholstery slightly diffrent..but simular...the galaxie would fit...visually would not be correct.....

1963 1/2 MERCURY MARAUDER - YouTube

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have all the seats for my s55 but its either almost 2000 bucks for reupholster or 600 for covers from dearborne. I think I'm just gonna go the cheaper route. It will still look good and I'll save some loot. Plus around here no one will know the difference. Everyone thinks its a galaxie anyway lol

·
Premium Member
3,641 Posts
lol....that's funny..i got 63 door panels in my 64, and nobody has said a word about them yet.....:D

·
Administrator
21,682 Posts
I have all the seats for my s55 but its either almost 2000 bucks for reupholster or 600 for covers from dearborne. I think I'm just gonna go the cheaper route. It will still look good and I'll save some loot. Plus around here no one will know the difference. Everyone thinks its a galaxie anyway lol
What does dearborn covers look like, do they have the carpet or do they even show that side?

Nobody hardly even knows what a galaxie or mercury is so you'll be fine. lol

·
Premium Member
5,388 Posts
Hey Lars, I think they are '63 door trims in your '64. :)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dearborn doesn't even show the backside. I have a call into them to check for me but I haven't heard anything yet

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
While we are on the subject of interiors.....anyone know if a reproduction dash for a 63 galaxie will work on a 63 marauder? I know they are different angles but just want to know if it will fit and look ok

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What does dearborn covers look like, do they have the carpet or do they even show that side?

Nobody hardly even knows what a galaxie or mercury is so you'll be fine. lol
Dearborn doesn't show what is on the back. I called and they are supposed to let me know but I haven't heard yet

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Dearborn sent this to show me the rear of the bucket. There color of turquoise seems very light to me. Way lighter then there book. I just ordered a free color sample from Macs. They sell the same seat covers so I'm gonna see what there turquoise looks like

Attachments

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Colors are hard to replicate due to differences in the lighting used when pic was taken, the surrounding colors etc. even monitors can sometimes make a difference on what colors look like....

Dont have a clue about Mac's...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts