Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, folks. I'm starting a new project as of today! I purchase a 1963 Mercury Meteor S-33 with a 260 v8 and 4 speed for $850. I'll be picking it up next week. I don't have a ton of information, as I decided that it was worth the jump once I took a look at it. It's very complete. I'll know more once I get it home, and I'll check the status of the engine and transmission. I am currently planning on throwing some kind of penetrating oil in the cylinders and doing an oil change before I try to turn the engine over by hand. I have no idea what state it's in mechanically, and I don't want to risk breaking the rings or anything. The interior is all there and it is in surprisingly good condition. Once I get the car pulled out of this guy's yard and towed back to my place I will get some better pictures, but I've attached some crappy ones to get started. My brother came with me to check it out, and he gave his approval, haha.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Looks like a great starting point. Factory 4 speed? Mine came with a 170 and a 2-speed auto. I wouldn't have swapped out my drivetrain if it started life like yours. Looks like you got a great deal. Congrats

1 - 3 of 3 Posts