Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

61 - 79 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Sweet ride. I'm stoked to see another V8 4 speed car in Wimbleton white.
But why remove the bench seat? How are you gonna get your arm around your girl with her sitting on the other side of the car?
I ditched my bucket seats just for that reason!
A 3 pedal car with a hot V8 and your arm around your girl, that my friends is the good life! :D
Why remove the bench and replace it with Mustang Buckets?
Um, cuz we wanted to.

Wanted to go with the sporty look and feel for this one. We're happy with the way it's turning out.

If I want to take my honey for a ride and snuggle, I'll take the Fury. It's got a bench, and push-button, so the shifter won't get in the way.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
I wish mine looked that nice, or was as far as yours was.
Thanks man. It's coming along nicely.

Did the intake on Friday. Wanted to take it down to the local cruise in we have every week. Was a push to get it finished.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
Why remove the bench and replace it with Mustang Buckets?
Um, cuz we wanted to.

Wanted to go with the sporty look and feel for this one. We're happy with the way it's turning out.

If I want to take my honey for a ride and snuggle, I'll take the Fury. It's got a bench, and push-button, so the shifter won't get in the way.
Have a good time being sporty and snuggling. It's all good!
The shifter is supposed to be in the way! When you grab 4th gear, you have a nice warm place to rest your hand! :tup:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Orthmann,
The Rancheto is looking great. Still would like to know the b/s on your wheels and tire size.

Butch Evans
Thomasville NC

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Nice Job Orthmann , ALso what Butch is asking in case you don't know is What is the BS= Back Space of the wheel is. They do look good !
Thanks man, It's been a ton of fun. Now I get to enjoy driving it.
Put the wood grain steering wheel on last night. Would have sworn the tires were perfectly straight. Of course they weren’t. Got to "adjust" it today.

Yeah, I figered out after a bit that he was asking what the Back-spacing is. Honestly, I'm not sure.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Installed the wood grain steering wheel Yesterday.
Took some creativity, but I got the original Falcon horn button on there.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
I noticed you gauge facia is looking a bit funky. Th earlier versions are much cleaner looking. Check out a '62 gauge cluster. Much cleaner and 10 minute swap.
I'll check my barn this weekend to see what I got anf if I have one, I'll send it up to you gratis. That means free!:tup:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
I noticed you gauge facia is looking a bit funky. Th earlier versions are much cleaner looking. Check out a '62 gauge cluster. Much cleaner and 10 minute swap.
I'll check my barn this weekend to see what I got anf if I have one, I'll send it up to you gratis. That means free!:tup:
Wow, that'd be awesome!
Thanks.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
When we ordered the interior parts they all arrived in two boxes from Dearborn Classics.
I took the boxes with ne to the interior guys house and they turned up missing. Guy was having a yard sale, only thing we can think of is they made someones day.

So he was cool about it and said he'd pay for the parts (poor feller, bout $300 bucks worth of stuff)

So we reorder it.

Have had a hell of a time getting the stuff shipped. It's only one day out from there to here. Been waiting 3-4 weeks on some stuff.

Annoying.

Anyway, last bits are supposed to be here tomorrow.

·
Registered
1 Posts
is ther enof room under the back panel for a spare tire and the tools to change it. I just got a 63 and all the bolts are striped so I need to get an easy out to look in ther

·
Registered
3 Posts
There may be if you are willing to go thru the back panel of the cab. But no, if you want to remove the cover in the bed and install the spare there. These Rancheros have the floor pan of a wagon, so the area behind the cab is the rear seat area of a wagon. If you can visualize that.

Hope that helps

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
is ther enof room under the back panel for a spare tire and the tools to change it. I just got a 63 and all the bolts are striped so I need to get an easy out to look in ther
Maybe one of those "space saver" spare tires, but most likely a regular tire/wheel will not fit.

It's quite shallow.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thanks for sharing the progress pictures on your Ranchero build.

Your finished truck looks terrific, especially with the two-door wagon trim.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I don't know if I am doing this right or not but, I have a 66 model Ranchero and I am in dire need of the front bed panel you are talking about. Do you have any idea where a person could buy one from? Please call me at (850) 305-6209 if so. I appreciate any help you can give.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
I'm new to the board as I just became the owner of a 62 Ranchero that looks almost exactly like yours. (Corinthian White with Beige interior) I love the way the wheels and tires look on your Ranchero. What tires/rims did you go with? What sizes work with the constraints of the Falcon wheel wells?

Right now my Ranchero is running on a 200-6 and a 5 speed Ranger tranny. It runs well but I have a 289 and T5 just itching to be dropped in.

All the best,
Terence

61 - 79 of 79 Posts