Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
My 63 is stock and has no fan clutch and no fan shroud. after reading that the stock cooling setup in the 63's did not perform well in slow traffic conditions I opted to add a third row to the radiator and add the after market fiberglass shroud. Keep in mind that this was done pre wife, pre kid so money was easy then!

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Fan shroud and fan clutch were on factory a/c cars and also a heavy duty cooling system option in 63. I have a factory metal fan shroud, all three pieces, for sale. It aint cheep, but better than the fiberglass ones Dearborn and the other repop houses sell. PM me if you are interested.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think the junkard fan is a great solution, in fact used a Taurus fan on the turbo car. Worked so well it had trouble getting up to temp in spring!

However, I'm trying to keep this car restomod, with few visible updates. The fan noise would be too much for what I'm trying to create. However, a junkyard shroud made from other donors could look factory if done clean. The clutch will be added to help the warmup, and save some HP at full go, and freeway speeds.

I believe I have a plan!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts