Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the option exist to seamlessly mate the original Ford shifter to a hurst linkage for a T-10? Thanks

·
Registered
91 Posts
Not sure about the Hurst T-10 linkage, but I bought an adapter to use the original shifter handle from my 63 with a Hurst Toploader linkage. I got the adapter from Autokrafters.

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not sure about the Hurst T-10 linkage, but I bought an adapter to use the original shifter handle from my 63 with a Hurst Toploader linkage. I got the adapter from Autokrafters.
Thanks. I will check them out.

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just noticed you were from Perth. Autokrafters is only about a 90 minute drive for me. A guy I worked with many years ago did a two year tour there with our Firm in the early 80's. He loved Perth. As he put it upon his return .."Almost wish I never had to leave". Myself, only been to Sydney and Melbourne and unfortunately only there a mere 3 days all together. Loved that too though.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Things have changed a bit since the 80's, but it's still a good place to live. Just hard to get Galaxie or FE engine parts. Although, now that more and more vendors are selling online, it's getting easier. We just have to pay more for shipping. It would be nice to have a parts place like Autokrafters near by.

·
Premium Member
731 Posts
I've heard of people using the Hurst shifter and the stock lever and ball. They cut and weld them together under the boot line.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts