Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 5.0 V8 swap is progressing well but I dont know what to do with the 170 Inline-6 which is still in the car and runs fine with a 3-speed manual. Pic-a-part will accept it as a core $65.

Just wondering if it worth anything or just a core?

Thanks

Waid

·
Registered
634 Posts
I think you should get a better price than that , try craigs list , it might sell. I have a 65/ 200 with power steering set up and a 4/speed that i'm going to put on craigs list. But the if storing it is a problem, which i don't have , then that's different.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am in Indianapolis, IN. The engine is very good working condition and still in my car. Soon it will be coming out.

Waid

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I would think if its a running driving one it will be worth way more than 65 bux. If nothing else when you get it pulled store it for a bit with and ad here and maybe on your local CL for a couple hundred bucks... Should bring that at least...

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The 200 inline engine runs like a champ and does not smoke. I will post some as it has very little rust. I think someone may have restored it at some point and painted it Ford Blue.

The motor and the 3-speed will come out some times in December or so.

Waid

·
Registered
6 Posts
Waid,

Is it a 200 or a 170? Will a 200 fit in my 1963 with no modifications at all? I currently have a bone stock 144 with a 2 speed. Any concerns hooking it up to that tranny.

Steve

·
Registered
634 Posts
Waid,

Is it a 200 or a 170? Will a 200 fit in my 1963 with no modifications at all? I currently have a bone stock 144 with a 2 speed. Any concerns hooking it up to that tranny.

Steve

It will drop in and fit the trany ,but 65 falcon 6/cy came with the c/4 so you may want to look around for one of those to get a 3/speed auto.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The motor is a 170 with a 3 speed manual. I will be selling engine, trans, drive shaft & the rear end.

Waid

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have a 65 200 I6 out of a 65 mustang. was rebuilt 10 yrs ago and about 10k miles on it. the head was rebuilt a couple yrs ago and about 2 miles on the new head. its also connected to a c4.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The weather is finally warming up and have garage full of new parts.

The 170 engine & 3-speed manual is still in the car and runs perfect which will be coming out in few weeks but would like to sell it while still in car so the buyer can see it runs good!

Was thinking about about them on the for sale site both for $300 (complete engine+trans).

Wondering if I can get $100 for the rear end (3.29 ratio).

Waid

·
Registered
128 Posts
Not to hijack this but I have been looking for a solid 170 head with adjustable rockers, if anyone has one they want to sell let me know please.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts