Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found out today ... coming home from the NMRA/NMCA Atlanta races today in low 80 degree weather & I thought I'd roll the windows up & use the add-on air that's on my sedan.

All was well until I realized that the temps was creeping up towards the H side of the gauge.

The quick remedy was cut the air off & run the heat - which brought it down to a level that was normal. Unfortuneately with the added heat in the engine it started pinging a bit on the longer rolling hills.

Both issues, I think, would be cured with a aftermarket, larger radiator - which I plan to do.

Any suggestions for a replacement??

Thanks.

6T4 Bolt

·
Premium Member
2,867 Posts
I put a Summit brand radiator in my 64 and in the 65 Falcon. I think they are made by Northern or Champion?

Cut the opening larger in both cars and made mounts.

I don't remember what size though. 2 row Aluminum.

Both cars cool fine. Mechanical fan on Falcon, Cheap 16" autozone electric fan with Painless wiring relay and temp sensor on the Fairlane.

Jet

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info ... I'll look in the cat. today.

Other than the cooling issue, that really wasn't a issue to bad, it ran down the road great. Lot's of waves & thumbs up.

Also caught a real t-bolt racing & was able to get close & take some pix.

Swap meet produce ZERO for me though. No wheels or seats.

6T4

·
Premium Member
2,867 Posts
Went to several races at Commerce. Swap meet was never very good for Ford parts. Except at Super Ford race.

There was always a big swap meet down South somewhere though. Not sure where it was? I remember some guys from work used to go.

Jet

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Moultrie is the big swap meet here (in So. Ga.) for everyone. A few hours away but so worth the ride.

I did see & speak to D W Hopkins this past weekend. His T-Bolt was flying (high 8's @ close to 150 mph). Very smooth ride. I went by his trl. a few time (like 10) but never saw him with the hood off or deck lid removed. Must be EZ on parts.

That's him in the last pic to the left. Very nice to talk to.

Also this coupe in the car show - 5.4 late model drive with 5 speed & A/C. MII front & rear mini tub. Bench interior - overall a winner among the sea of late model mustangs.

6T4 Bolt

·
Premium Member
2,867 Posts
Moultrie, That's it! Heard it was a great Swap Meet. I never had money or cash while living down there. Raising 3 kids and putting the wife through school. Ex now. I have money again. :)

Nice pics of the Bolt and the other lane. Did you get a close up of engine bay with the 5.4? Would like to see that.

Jet

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I did get a pic but the engine was all chromed out with all the FI unit, single polished pulley set up, alt., A/C, etc. & it didn't photo worth a flip.

It had basic inner fender panels.

Car was nicely done. Much better than the K code mustang I saw 4 Sale with mismatched engine & 5 speed for $39,500.00 - OUCH. Nothing trick & no a/c.

Shows & swaps bring out all kinds.

I was more disapointed that Hopkins didn't do any tween round work under the hood or trunk ... no pix.

6T4 Bolt

1 - 7 of 7 Posts