Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is my first post here and first personal Ford project as I'm into Mopars. I've had the car for about a month and its all torn down doing rust repair

I'm curious where anyone has aquired decent rear quarters for a '64 Fairlane. I know fitment won't be perfect but would rather not buy absolute junk. Thanks for any input.

Tom

·
Registered
136 Posts
as you already forund out. No quarter panels available (except Crites fiberglass) for the 64. Post some pics when you get the panels you got from ebay. They rear section after the wheel lip doesn't look quite right, but at least you have something to work with.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes at least they are something. Someone enlarged the wheel opening on my 64 for a fatter tire and cancer in the typical place down low. Ill make them work and report back. Shipping from Canada costs the same as the panel. Ouch

Tom

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I bought one side off of ebay and it didn't look too bad so i bought the other. Although they are not a stamped panel, the lines look ok. Mine are rotted on the wheel lip and down low behind the wheel opening.

I would call them a very large patch panel instead of a quarter panel. They are constructed of 18 gauge. The height takes them to a weld seam under the trim. There is no rolled lip for the door jamb so. The length of the panel takes them to the door edge.

The lower rear of the panel does curve in slightly, but does not in the very back up high. So if you had to tie into the tail lamp area, you would have to have patience.

My trunk extensions are in good shape and the panels do line up well. They are pretty flexible so welding them to a solid trunk extension will help hold the radius.The wheel opening is where it is supposed to be. There are a couple very small ripples on the wheel lip edge but this can be worked out.

The shipping was pretty steep. They were sent from ohio and were manufacturered in Canada. So shipping to the Seattle area was the same as the purchase price. One panel was about $150 shipping was about $150

I will post some pics when I get them on. This may be a month or so due to my work schedule.

Tom

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts