Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gentlemen,
I am currently working on a 1964 Ford Galaxie 390 4 speed and am wondering if the motor is original. The date code on the block (casting date) is 3C19 meaning Marck 19, 1963. My Galaxie serial # is 140XXX which I believe is semi-early production (believe approx. 735,000 were produced in 1964). As obvious I was wondering about the lag time for block casting vs. build date/serial number. Unfortunately the door trim tag is missing on this particular car however it is a "Z" code and is an original factory 4 speed car. Can anyone answer my question??
Thanx

·
Registered
981 Posts
If you have the z code 390, it should have a casting number of C4AE-D, a 63 may have C3AZ-C, C3AE-AY. The date seems way too early for a 64. Look for those numbers to see if it's the right engine.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Am I wrong...I was led to believe that there really weren't any "Numbers matching" Fords for about 4 or more years after the model year '64. You could find a block with the right year but it really wouldn't be a "Numbers matching" car. I could be wrong though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts