Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody found some adjustable rear shocks that will fit on a 64 gal? I know dearborn has some that are close to OEM but im looking for a better set that is adjustable QA1 and bilstein dont list anything. Please help because i took the rear shocks off and they are just completly done4 there more like sliders now

thanks all
Reuben

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
I've heard this complaint before. Seems there is a problem in finding a specific listing for 64 Galaxie.

I do remember read something about it in a post a few months back. My chosen galaxie is the '65, so I didn't pay that much attention to part numbers or sources.

It may have been back as far as a year ago, hopefully Geebler or one of the other 64 owners will share what brand and where they got their shocks.

some of the catalogs list shocks with a little more detail. Things like closed length, stroke diameter and fitting type could be used to narrow down the type of shock you need.

A lot of the catalog stores (Summit, Jeg's) don't list everything they carry or can get...it might be worth giving them a call as see if they can give you some help?

Did you check this out?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1963-64-FORD-GALAXIE-NEW-REAR-HD-DELCO-SHOCKS_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ34200QQihZ007QQitemZ170003989404QQrdZ1

The point is, if he is selling them ... obviously some body is making them. Have heart and look in a few more places.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Beoweolf on 7/8/06 10:26am ]</font>

·
Registered
981 Posts
Until lately, the only ones I found were from Greg Donohue, those bieng R code car rears. Good shocks, but others have em now from different makes. Not sure about adjustables, but regular ones are sold from the typical venders. You may have to pose some measurements to the manufactures to get a close set.

·
Registered
830 Posts
ruben,I got some KYB's for my 64, and I just bought some air shocks for her too. Beoweolf has a good point ( as always ) . Mesure your shock extendeded and compresed , get the type of mounting it has and match one up.

·
Administrator
21,759 Posts
Sal, were you the same person some time back that bought the air shocks and had compared prices at a regular place like say monroe and compared with the ones on ebay? I'm finally ready to get shocks and want air shocks but I don't want to have them upside down like the ones that are on there now. :-/

Deb

·
Registered
830 Posts
Hi Deb the airshocks I got will fit corectly I have not installed them yet , my car is still at the body shop

·
Administrator
21,759 Posts
Thanks Tony.
I wonder just how much the coil over tops can raise the back. Of course I carry a ton of junk, I mean necessities in the trunk so might not raise it any.

Deb

1 - 9 of 9 Posts