Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I'm new to the forum and need some help with finding a rear window replacement. Will a fast back rear window fit my sedan? The fastback is all I seem to find anywhere and before I order anything I want to make sure it'll fit. Thansk! :)

·
Registered
63 convertable
1,009 Posts
pretty sure the windows are different. i think i have a gasket for your set up that i got in a buy out. you can gamble for $20

·
Registered
289 Posts
pretty sure the windows are different. i think i have a gasket for your set up that i got in a buy out. you can gamble for $20
I'm going to give you some information from the 1960 - 1964 Ford Car Parts and Accessories Manual, text portion. These are all rear windows for the 1964 "big" cars (Custom, Custom 500, Galaxie 500, and Galaxie 500 XLs). If you stick around the Ford hobby, you'll probably want to get one of these manuals and learn how to use it as it has illustrated parts breakdowns and part number information for all of the cars (others are for trucks) for the model years you're looking for. Where glass is involved, the column called "Nags" lists the National Automobile Glass specifications for the window you want. What I was hoping to find was the answer to the question you asked - is there a rear window shared between your sedan and some "fastback". I'm not trying to give you hard time, but you'll have to learn to be more specific with your request. It can drive you crazy, but there are "fastbacks" whose real name is Sports Hardtops (2 doors), and "fastbacks" that are 4 door hardtops in your 1964 model year. Anyway, after all this, I did not see any place where the same part number came up in two places which would indicate one piece of glass. Having taken up way too much of your time, I'll just mention that some of the bigger auto glass dealers can make the piece of glass you need if there aren't too many curves in it. If you live in a large metropolitan area you might try calling around. Another idea might be calling a restoration shop and see what they would do or who they would use. Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts