Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 64 xl convertible which is almost all original (valve covers/air cleaner - changed) .

vin 469dZ

76b M 85 22E

This is my first classic, and I cant find detail on the build sheets / standard options,

can anyone help with telling me where I can get the build information?

thanks

Attachments

·
Premium Member
34,855 Posts
What are you talking about? Can't find detail on the build sheets? The Build Sheets ARE the details.

Besides that the car is gorgeous if you lose the rims...

Standard is pretty moot in a 64 XL. The engine can be a 289, 352, 390 or 427, the trim level can be Galaxie naught up to 500 XL, and you got XL which is right in the middle...

Not much else to know really.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Very nice 500XL. Top of the Galaxie line. Open the driver door, there is a data plate with a series of letters and numbers. I can see you have at least a 390 because of the badges behind the front wheels. only 390 and larger motors had badging.

The Data Plate info is the exact build info of the car. If you list the numbers I am happy to decode the car. The numbers will look like this:

62A DM 17 26H 33 1 6
4Z61X100001

There is also a build sheet stashed somewhere in the car - under the carpet or behind one of the interior panels, look for it if you ever rebuild the interior.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Very nice 500XL. Top of the Galaxie line. Open the driver door, there is a data plate with a series of letters and numbers. I can see you have at least a 390 because of the badges behind the front wheels. only 390 and larger motors had badging.

The Data Plate info is the exact build info of the car. If you list the numbers I am happy to decode the car. The numbers will look like this:

62A DM 17 26H 33 1 6
4Z61X100001

There is also a build sheet stashed somewhere in the car - under the carpet or behind one of the interior panels, look for it if you ever rebuild the interior.
Thanks I was told it was original interior I will look for it, was thinking of recovering the seats (faded not worn) - I decoded the vin but looking for things options and other toys it may have come with ....

it was built in Dalas with 390 and a true XL color and interior match codes.

one poster said loose the rims... damn straight.. replacing it with AR Torq thrust II, for fun.... but keeping the original spinners that are in the trunk

·
Administrator
21,924 Posts
In the owners manual i see how to use speed control but have never seen a '64 with it. Some had 4 spds, swingaway steering and dual quad carbs. AM/FM radio, rear antenna, bumper guards front and back, skirts, continental kits, AC, electric windows and seat. Some of these are dealer installed some after market. I'm sure i'm forgetting something, always do.

·
Registered
336 Posts
one poster said loose the rims... damn straight.. replacing it with AR Torq thrust II, for fun.... but keeping the original spinners that are in the trunk[/QUOTE]

Agreed...keep those original spinners!! Torq Thrusts will look much better than what is on there now. Beautiful car...enjoy it and welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well the car has arrived from the transporter, .... not as nice as it was reported to be, ... came with broken glass and all....

now the part search begins, .... starting with sunvisor brackets and windows, valve covers, new top, gas tank, dash, lights, radio..... and on and on and on....

i guess I will need to be asking a lot more questions .... if anyone can help with parts let me know....

·
Registered
695 Posts
Good luck finding those sunvisor brackets for a convertable. From what I hear, they are next to impossible to find and if you do find them be ready to spend some $$$$$.

·
Administrator
21,924 Posts
The only good thing bout the visors on a convertible, they are only good for the sun if you are tall but they do help to regulate the air flow in the car. :) Other than wind regulation they don't help me much when the sun is in my eyes. Like Ron said, real hard to find!!

·
Registered
695 Posts
Anyone have casting # for the visors? I might have a pitted set.
The convertible and hardtop visor brackets are different. I only have the numbers for the hardtop and are R= C3AB-6304122-C and L= C3AB-6304123-B. Hope this helps.

·
Administrator
21,924 Posts
And i never thought to write mine down when i had them off. 64galaxie or whatever Mika's nic is now might know as he's been looking for a set for a long time. I could probably take one off and see. A few years ago someone sold a set for $400 for '64 convertible.

·
Administrator
21,924 Posts
I was trying to remember your nicname now Mika and no luck! With the old one i could say that guy with the nic kuuy or something like that. lol Since you have been looking for so long i thought you might know the numbers.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I was trying to remember your nicname now Mika and no luck! With the old one i could say that guy with the nic kuuy or something like that. lol Since you have been looking for so long i thought you might know the numbers.
it was same as my website wwwkuumakyyti.com
kuuma = hot kyyti = ride

kuumakyyticom nic t stopped working, I couldnt answer any topics with that nic... Several times I asked from admin, never got any answers..

Also I suggested many times, that picture gallery with galaxies, should be changed , like 1959-1962, 63-64, 65-67, 68-72..
So many galaxies there... Also picture folder for edsels could be fine..

no one wants to communicate with me, only you Deb !!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts