Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help on galaxie 500 I just purchased. The bucket seats are missing a part from the bottom mount that won’t able me to adjust the seat forward or backwards. If someone can point me in a direction to where to get the parts this seat needs that would be great!

·
Premium Member
3,637 Posts
I need some help on galaxie 500 I just purchased. The bucket seats are missing a part from the bottom mount that won’t able me to adjust the seat forward or backwards. If someone can point me in a direction to where to get the parts this seat needs that would be great!
sounds like you are missing the steel wire

that goes between the two release levers on tracks...

when you pull on one lever, wire simultaneous pull other lever

·
Registered
232 Posts
I hope to attach a diagram from the 1963 Ford Body Assembly Manual, Front Seat Track to Floor Pan, which shows the parts (with their part numbers) needed to make your bucket seats slide and lock. #4 is the item RAGGAREN was referring to, officially called "Rod Assy - Front Seat Track Latch Tie". Even though your car is a '64 and my manual is for a '63, I'd be willing to bet that this part of the seat mechanism is the same or similar. The left hand diagram is for manual seats, the right hand side is for electric seats. Hope you can blow up the diagram large enough to be useful. Good luck!

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts