Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anybody know the going price for a used rear window for a 64 gal? whats the best way to ship it?

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Isn't flat? Sure looks like it is. Front window, brand new, is around $300.00. I know we paid over or around $200.00 for a NOS rear window for a '68 Charger earlier this year. Maybe that is a good benchmark to work off of.

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
from Greg Donahue's restoration tips:
"From the beginning of the model run until January 20, 1964, all of the Fastbacks used the 1963 Fastback rubber weatherstrip, 1963 backglass, the 1963 rubber weatherstrip moulding clips and the backglass moulding from a 1963 Fastback. Starting on January 21, 1964, Ford then switched all the Fastbacks to a butyl tape installation. They no longer used the rubber weatherstrip"

Now as far as sizes of the actuall glass, i think the sedan had a different size than the fastback and convertable....

" Their books actually do not show a '63½ model so what they are ordering is a windshield for a '63 two-door hardtop. Now this is actually a '63 Boxtop. The windshield in a Boxtop is taller. It is the same windshield that is used in the 2-door sedans, 4-door sedans and station wagons so you are getting a windshield that is actually much taller than what you need. This is what has happened both times you have ordered the windshield from these two different companies. If you need a windshield for a '63½ Fastback, you should order a windshield for a '63 Convertible. The Convertible and the Fastback windshields are the same in all sizes, both the height and the length. This is also true for the '64s. So if you have a '63 or '64 Fastback, the safest way to order a new windshield is to order for a '63 or '64 Convertible. This is one sure way that you are going to get the correct windshield for your '63½or '64 Fastback. {Volume 22 - Issue 4 Question #1} "
Hope Greg doesnt mind me quoating him. If anybody found this info useful make sure to go to galaxieclub.com and join today!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts