Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help! I need to find some headers to fit a 347 stroker (400+ HP) in my 1964 Galaxie 500 XL.

Everything I have tried thus far fouls with either the engine frame mounts or the body frame/frame rail connection.

Anybody have any suggestions on how to fix this problems.

David ([email protected])

·
Registered
622 Posts
just curius,but why do people opt for a stroker 347 when 351s are readily available?

·
Registered
583 Posts
DRP,as i said in your earlier post the patriots will work.As for long tube headers,I fill your pain,there are none that i know of. The reason i built a 347 instead of a 351 w is because it was orig. going in a fox body and the headers and oil pan were alot more for a 351 than the 5.0.Also i have had a couple 351's in fact my 94 f250 4x4 has a 351 in it, and im not too impressed with it. I think they are kinda lazy. but im not nocking them and im sure there are plenty out there that will smoke my 347!!!!!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a set of Patroit Headers. I will have to work them (grind off corners) to make them fit. I spent most of the day Friday trying to make them fit. If I grind them to fit, I will ruin the ceramic coating. These are just too nice to modify.

drp

·
Registered
622 Posts
347 LX dont the 302 heads fit the 351? Yure stock 351 was lazy because of the stock heads.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I purchased some Dougs Headers for my SBF/ 1964 Galaxie....she just needed trimmed on the inner body mount perches. They fit but dump right on the transmission crossmember now...I am just trying to figure how to address that now

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
I purchased some Dougs Headers for my SBF/ 1964 Galaxie....she just needed trimmed on the inner body mount perches. They fit but dump right on the transmission crossmember now...I am just trying to figure how to address that now
Maybe you just need to turn the collectors a little bit to align them better with the crossmember. I had a similar situation on my 70 and we turned the collectors a bit by cutting kerfs in the pipe and welding them back up.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hmm... I am afraid I can even bolt up the collectors because the flange is so close to the cross member, still working on a solution.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Hmm... I am afraid I can even bolt up the collectors because the flange is so close to the cross member, still working on a solution.
Post pictures so we can all see what you're dealing with.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.