Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for someone to restore the outer headlight bezels on my 1964 Galaxie. Anyone have any recommendations? I have two sets: One set has some minor corrosion on the backside, the other set has some light ripples that need to be straightened. I'm not interested in reanodizing them.

Side note: Why is no one reproducing these yet?! There is money to be made!!!

Thanks gang.

·
Registered
695 Posts
I have heard good things about Joe's Rust Emporium and have seen his work in person and it looks great. Only problem is that he doesn't re-anodize anything, so you have to keep up on the polishing. You said that doesn't matter to you though so you may want to check him out. Does great work, but isn't cheap on the cost of doing it.

Joe's Rust Emporium

·
Registered
152 Posts
I just ordered a set of drip rails from Joe this morning,....we must have visited on the phone for 20 minutes, he's a great guy.

He explained why he, (and many others), don't re-anodize. He said it rarely comes out "even".....he said anodizing is not a coating but a structural altering of the metal and if you don't prep it evenly, it won't re-anodize the same thickness across the surface. So he recommends a good polish and a periodic waxing,....no clearcoat.

I have no idea if this is right or wrong,......I'm sure there are different schools of thought. I'd like to know more about it to tell you the truth, but I've only begun my restoration project this week.

You might give him a call and talk to him about what he has to offer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts