Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,472 Posts
That looks like about 3500 lbs of WICKED.... what the ranchero would have been if designed by Batman... (not the Adam West one {sorry Adam:(})

Keith/Bumble

·
Premium Member
5,379 Posts
Um...well.....
It looks like it is a 60s prototype.

Yeah, would look good in the Batcave.

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That looks like about 3500 lbs of WICKED.... what the ranchero would have been if designed by Batman... (not the Adam West one {sorry Adam:(})

Keith/Bumble
More like 4000lbs;)
The story behind this car is, after seeing the Galaxie Ranchero posted here I thought a Merc would be awesome with it's breezeway roof and huge trunk area. I mentioned it to my younger brother who being the photoshop wonderboy he is (and owner of my old '64 Marauder) did this. He gets a little carried away, You'll notice it has no actual door seams! I guess the roof lifts up and you jump in ala Batman! The wheels are from an Aston Martin. He is damn good at photo shop as he pretty muched matched the two perspectives very well ( the side shot has a slightly chopped roof)

Glad you guys liked it. I'm thinking about getting my sawzall out...:eek:

·
Premium Member
1,472 Posts
Damn good? I'll say he is! WOW... I was actually wondering if it was a prototype no-one ever saw!

·
Premium Member
5,379 Posts
I actually thought that it was a prototype which someone had found and rebuilt.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
You guys rock! Friggin amazing what you can do with photo shop. If any of you are bored could you put a 5" cowl induction hood on a 64' convertible? We can't decide on whether to add a teardrop hood or a cowl induction hood. Be nice to see what a cowl hood would look like.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi all

I am CaptVirgilHilts Brother :), he sent me the link to this thread. I'm glad ya all like the frankenmerc's Very rare LOL. I donno if Stu posted this one, It was an image of my Merc.

James K (Ironcow)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,379 Posts
Welcome to the forums IRONCOW.
With pics like that, you can come back anytime!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Thanks Danv

Wish I had more time to bugger around with pic's. I have my brothers old Merc, and as such I kinda have a love for them. I really think the 64 fullsize Merc's are one of the best looking cars from that year. They are so so so not known, is so sad and good at the same time.

James K (IRONCOW)

Attachments

·
Registered
149 Posts
That's awesome. Really sleek looking. It would be an attention grabber, that's for sure. Now, someone has to step up and build one:)

1 - 20 of 41 Posts