Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 64 sport coupe parts car I picked up mainly for the trunk floors. It had been hit pretty hard in the front buy straight and rust free from the firewall back. I had planned on drilling out al the spot welds so I could salvage everything from the quarters back. I'm no longer going to keep the good car so I thought I'd just sawzall full the quarters off by sacrificing the roof, tail light panel, outer wheel houses, and trunk drop-offs. I think I can then salvage enough of the trunk to make some patches for the other car.

Any obvious reasons I shouldn't do this? I haven't seen anyone looking for ant of the parts I'm sacrificing so didn't want to waste too much time just to have more parts on the shelf

·
Registered
647 Posts
Did the hood boomerang survive the crash? That chrome V-shaped piece is very sought after.
Bucket seats, console, the thin trim that covers the joint between padded dash & metal are all sought after.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was pretty well picked over before I picked it up. It is solid from the doors back and still has all the glass but not much else. I"ll check on the trim piece. Sounds like I need to cut off the quarters and section out the trunk pieces and let the rest go to the scrapper

1 - 3 of 3 Posts