Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting my Sprint ready for the Nationals, I bought this car and it was in Arizona it's whole life, Door seals and trunk seal are hard and need replaced, and the rear window seal has a few cracks, so I will replace it as well, so I am taking it apart to have repainted same color, also installing New Stock Seat covers, door panels, carpet, I bought it at the swap meet in Dearborn in 2010, and pulling the motor, adding a better motor I had rebuilt already, and adding a new clutch while I have it apart, and last, adding a TRU Trac rear end, with the same 3:25:1 ratio, I also have a peice or two of trim with dings, that I will be replacing/fixing, while it's apart....Stay tuned, being from Arizona, I am calling this the Phoenix build....

·
Premium Member
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That'll be one nice ride when your done with it. Is that a 4 speed car? What motor are you installing?
Yes, stock 260 BW T10 4 speed Falcon Sprint.....I found a 63 289 out of a Big Ford, have had it built front to back, by New Engine Power, in Sharonville, Ohio, I am also adding some goodies....BTW, the 260 and the 289 share the same Block casting numbers......

picking it up and getting it on the stand...old shop truck!

Motor;

·
Premium Member
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Did you have the car media blasted, soda blasted, etc?
nope, that's why god made sand paper....lol....

well yes and no on the full resto.....I have everything, it was all on it and driving, so I took it all apart and installing new stuff.....Paint and body by my buddy Jimmy.....

·
Premium Member
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ALL painted back in the shop....

New Motor and trans back in!!! Had to teach O'Reily guy how to turn a flywheel? Told him think of a big rotor but he was freaked out...New Clutch installed, now gotta hook it all up and install EVERYTHING, I have less than 6 weeks to get it done, for the National Falcon Show in Louisville, Ky. July 12-14.....

don't need the wood to hold it up now, Trans all in and bolted down....

·
Premium Member
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
New motor in, Trans in, with new clutch, turned the flywheel, hooked up PS, and Generator, Having Front and rear windows installed tomorrow, back Sprint panel installed, trunck mat back in, new trunk seal installed....Should have it running tomorrow, and then busting it to install all my trim, and bumpers, dropping off seats tomorrow to have new covers I bought in Dearborn installed...all and all...BUSTING on it HARD......

·
Premium Member
1,153 Posts
Great Job John! Don't forget...I got dibs on your old seat covers and door panels. Bring 'em to louisville please. I'm bustin' azz too. Unfortunatley, Mel's car will not be running due to financial reasons. One money pit is bad enough, let alone TWO! But, It will be there for display of front and rear suspension. It'll be down to the wire on the Ranchero, but it should be running. Looking forward to seeing your Sprint.

Fordmuscle Ranchero Tube Chassis Part-41 | FordMuscle.com

·
Premium Member
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Clean wire brushed the floors, and SEM Rust Sheild painted the floors, also installed my Tachometer, now installing trim, new carpet going in, also had the new seat covers I bought at the swap meet in Dearborn streched on my seats.....MORE to come.....

·
Premium Member
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Been polising stainless steel like a mad man, also installed 1 drip rail...and installed the "fake" Dynomat....should reduce noise, heat and over make it more a joy to drive......

that's it I done for the night, gotta be in Indy in the morning, then to the west side....More shop time tomorrow...body man took drip rails, pulled all the windows out, this was a 1st rate job, she is looking real fine, put putting those darn drip rails back on, was a MAJOR pain in the a$$ and darn hard to do....also got all the windshield trim on, Thanks to Jim Norvell in the Falcon club, I didn't get the upper outside trim clips when I got the car back, and Jim saved the day, by having some extra.....

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.