Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1965 Ford Custom. 302 . AOD. Work in progress
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone been able to order front and rear bench seat upholstery for a 1965 4-door sedan? I am not sure if a 2-door bench is the same in the 4-door or not. My car is officially a 1965 Ford Custom and not technically a Galaxie so I’m not sure if the seat covers would be the same. Here is a picture of my back seat as I am not sure if the “Galaxie” seats are different.

Attachments

·
Registered
1965 Ford Custom. 302 . AOD. Work in progress
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
65 Galaxie,
I had the bottom of the front seat redone in my Custom, but I just took the seat to the upholstery shop. They ordered the correct vinyl and stitched it, then installed it on the frame.
The upholstery shop will have all the order books for the colors you need. Do you have any part of your seats that are still intact ?
The rear seat is in tact original. The front bench back is original and in tact but the front bench bottom was completely stripped and I did a quick “fix” just so I could not sink in the drivers seat so the bottom has no original vinyl. I considered going to the antique auto salvage yard and pulling a front bottom seat so I can get the exact measurements and cuts of any new vinyl I buy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts