Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Has anyone been able to order front and rear bench seat upholstery for a 1965 4-door sedan? I am not sure if a 2-door bench is the same in the 4-door or not. My car is officially a 1965 Ford Custom and not technically a Galaxie so I’m not sure if the seat covers would be the same. Here is a picture of my back seat as I am not sure if the “Galaxie” seats are different.
I assume you’ve already checked the catalog vendors (Autokrafters, Eckler’s, Dennis Carpenter…)

It does appear that, while they are similar, the 2-door and 4-door seatbacks are different. The 2-door version has a split down the center, and each one can be folded down separately. I guess it makes sense, as that would be how back-seat passengers would get in the car.

If you can’t find it, I’m sure the 2-door version could be joined together to make it work, but I’m guessing what you need is made.

·
Registered
395 Posts

I ordered my XL upholstery from these guys. They show 4-door sedan as an option for seat upholstery. They seem knowledgeable about them. You might give them a call. The upholstery is from Distinctive Industries (basically only available manufacturer).

·
Registered
395 Posts
I recovered my 65 4dr sedan benches. Here is a not too broad pictute byt It looks to me like my tops are more rounded than yours.
View attachment 174384
Putt, that's some nice custom upholstery...Did you sew the covers yourself? Those are clearly more rounded due to some bolstering from extra foam underneath. Those patterns are quite different than the stock '65 heat-embossed seats, however, so depending on how true-to-original a guy would want it, that type of work may or may not fit the bill. Those look right out of a restomod hot-rodder's magazine, and look very professionally done. I'll bet they're much more comfortable than stock seats. I've never done any custom stuff as a concours guy, but I understand that is a highly in-demand service that is getting harder and harder to find.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts