Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

My grandparents own a 1965 Ford Country Squire. It's all original, and only has 47,000 miles on it, and has been in our family since new. They gave me the task of finding parts for it when anything breaks, and the passenger side armrest just broke. Or, rather I think the arm rest broke. It looks fine, but it moves up and down, which leads me to beleive the mounting screw is broke. I haven't been able to take it apart to check yet, but is that a common thing? Or maybe a bracket broke? Anyways, I looked around online, and can't seem to find any arm rest parts. I was wondering if anybody knew where I can find them.

Thanks
Brody

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Welcome to the forum Brody!

The arm rest is probably held by two bolts that go through holes on the underside. Usually a long 3/8" socket is what you need. These in turn screw into spring loaded "speed nuts" that clip into holes in the inner door frame. Good thing is most any Ford from that vintage right into the 80's uses similar clip/nuts. It may have just popped out and needs to removed and reinstalled. Sometimes the sheetmetal just needs to be tapped straight if it has been pulled. If the clips need replacing then the Mustang parts vendors probably have them.

Good Luck

·
Registered
336 Posts
They are actually held on with two phillips head screws which screw into clips on the back side of the panel. They tend to break right at the screw hole....very common problem. They're very easy to get out and I would suggest pulling it to verify if the base broke where the screw goes in....I would bet money on it, as it has happened a few times on my 66 and their armrests are the same. You should be able to pick one up used if you look around, although they are getting harder to find since they break so easily. I have an extra one, but I'm holding on to it. If I come across one I'll let you know.

·
Premium Member
6,043 Posts
might be the screw fell out. Gotta get down and look.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.