Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
61 - 73 of 73 Posts

· Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
mercury4me... that same thought has crossed my mind several times, mostly when i'm having trouble figuring out how someting works or wondering how on earth someone was able to attach a bolt or screw a screw in an almost totally inaccessible place... somebody did it, and i should be able to do the same (a bit slower perhaps since they probaly knew what they were doing, and i haven't a clue most of the time)...

first thing first, hope to pressure wash inside & out this week when outside temps are in the 70's...

· Registered
2021 F150 STX
99 Posts
My speedo stuck the needle mid travel last trip out so I removed the instrument cluster to see whats up. The little cardboard light house over the speedo bulb had a black rubber “gasket” around it that deteriorated and split then fell into the speedo drum and stuck the movement. What are the odds of that scenario? So I cleaned up the situation and hot glued all the little lighthouses back in place and got some replacement bulbs and it is back in business. Side note…. I am curious as to the value of the indicated milage. 64,000miles, or 164,000, or maybe more. I guess at this point in the truck’s life the odometer is really only recording it’s self and not the hodge podge gathering of components.

· Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
to chrismmanion67 > your car looks really good...

to the folks that have commented on my electrical wiring thread > thanks so much for your input, i dont really have anyone to bounce ideas around with, so every little bit of advice, or insight from having been there done that, is welcome...

one comment from that thread stuck with me >
* It depends on what your goals and plans are. *

and thats my basic problem >
i dont have a clear vision of what i want...

i started this project to keep me busy & occupied having something to do,.,
my wife of 52 years died in 2021...
we had our first date in this car...
we hauled babies around in this car...
we talked about fixing it up & making the car show circuit in our retirement years...
and that didnt get to happen...
and now its just me and the car....
so i'm just following my nose on this build, and will see where i end up when i get there... :)

and damn i'm sorry for getting sentimental, it just hits me at times...

here's one of our very first photos...
Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Hood Plant

· Registered
2021 F150 STX
99 Posts
M
to chrismmanion67 > your car looks really good...

to the folks that have commented on my electrical wiring thread > thanks so much for your input, i dont really have anyone to bounce ideas around with, so every little bit of advice, or insight from having been there done that, is welcome...

one comment from that thread stuck with me >
* It depends on what your goals and plans are. *

and thats my basic problem >
i dont have a clear vision of what i want...

i started this project to keep me busy & occupied having something to do,.,
my wife of 52 years died in 2021...
we had our first date in this car...
we hauled babies around in this car...
we talked about fixing it up & making the car show circuit in our retirement years...
and that didnt get to happen...
and now its just me and the car....
so i'm just following my nose on this build, and will see where i end up when i get there... :)

and damn i'm sorry for getting sentimental, it just hits me at times...

here's one of our very first photos...
View attachment 174958
It does me good to know folks like you stayed together like that. My wife and I are only 29 years but I can respect your thoughts. Let the old car inspire you and follow as the heart responds.

· Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
weather is a bit colder so i'm not doing much this week... put the car back on wheel stands to get a better look at what it looks like underneath...
Tire Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

and like a beagle running in the woods, got sidetracked chasing rabbits... i am such a doofus...
Jeans Tire Hood Vehicle Automotive tire

· Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
google sez > "Spring 2023 in Northern Hemisphere will begin on Monday, March 20"
until then I guess my old man old car project will have to be content with very short work days…
yesterday I got bundled up & managed to get in about 2 hours before I cried uncle…

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Motor vehicle

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Font Automotive exterior Bumper

· Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
Are you going to upgrade your brakes to disc?
the answer is a resounding "maybe"...

couple days ago i was just going to get the car back to bone stock condition, all i wanted was a car that looked pretty decent, and would get me back & forth to town, about 20 miles per day...

BUT > at this very moment i'm leaning towards a vehicle that would take me to any car show in the states...

BUT > i dont have a restoration budget because i have no money...

BUT > that never stopped us before when we really wanted to do something...

so yeah, "maybe" is the best answer at this time...

i think i will wait until i finish the body & see what it looks like before going all in on upgrades... :cool:

61 - 73 of 73 Posts