Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have no radio in my Falcon currently and am trying to figure out how to proceed. I am going to use an aftermarket stereo, but I will not be putting it in the dash because I don't want to cut the dash up. Did they ever make a radio delete for the Futura or just the regular Falcons? If a delete plate is not available for Futura trim, what radios will interchange with my Falcon? I went to the junkyard last week and Fairlane and Galaxie radios appeared to be different from my Falcon.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Do you have the deluxe dash? It has the plastic all the way across the dash. If so, I have seen a blank plate on eBay. Otherwise I haven't seen anything in the usual catalogues.

·
Registered
340 Posts
A mustang radio will fit the dash. There were Falcons with radio delete plates, but good luck finding one. You might be better off making one yourself.

·
Registered
465 Posts
I have no radio in my Falcon currently and am trying to figure out how to proceed. I am going to use an aftermarket stereo, but I will not be putting it in the dash because I don't want to cut the dash up. Did they ever make a radio delete for the Futura or just the regular Falcons? If a delete plate is not available for Futura trim, what radios will interchange with my Falcon? I went to the junkyard last week and Fairlane and Galaxie radios appeared to be different from my Falcon.
There was a radio delete plate for a falcon with the deluxe plastic dash panels but they are rare. And for a standard dashg. Sometimes show up on Ebay.
Radios from 64 falcon and 64 1/2 to 66 mustangs will fit the 65 falcon
dash.
R

1 - 6 of 6 Posts