Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just on the Crites website Specialty Auto Parts For Sale - Crites Performance Parts - critesperformanceparts.com and at the top of their Galaxie page they have this…
"New parts coming Fiberglass for 1965 galaxie please let us know if
any one is interested give us a call or email [email protected]"

They recently added fiberglass fenders to their previous inventory of hood, bumpers, and bumper brackets for our 65's. Might be kinda nice to have them start making trunk lids and doors. Wonder how much curb weight that would reduce.

·
Premium Member
1,014 Posts
I was just on the Crites website Specialty Auto Parts For Sale - Crites Performance Parts - critesperformanceparts.com and at the top of their Galaxie page they have this…
"New parts coming Fiberglass for 1965 galaxie please let us know if
any one is interested give us a call or email [email protected]"

They recently added fiberglass fenders to their previous inventory of hood, bumpers, and bumper brackets for our 65's. Might be kinda nice to have them start making trunk lids and doors. Wonder how much curb weight that would reduce.

The '66 fairlane fiberglass doors drop pretty close 100lbs from the weight of the car. I didn't weigh them to be sure but the glass doors are maybe 10lbs, the weight of the glass and internals weigh more then the fiberglass itself. I'd say the steel shell of the door is probably close to 50lbs maybe a little more/less

I'd imagine that on a '65 Galaxie the savings would be at least as much if not a fair amount more given the door is probably longer and heavier then that of the '66 fairlane.

My only complaint with the Crites stuff is that you have to drill a lot of your own holes (at least on the fenders). This isn't a deal breaker for me personally but I know a few people that would shy away from spending $800.00 on a pair of doors they then have to cut/drill to make fit.

I will say that having them tap the holes when offered is the way to go. I had them do that to my hood and it was pretty much a bolt on with only a little sanding needed to the rear to get the perfect fit.

I hope they expand their offering to you guys. The stuff is pretty nice quality and looks sharp when the proper amount of time is taken to make it fit.

·
Premium Member
6,122 Posts
I will say that having them tap the holes when offered is the way to go. I had them do that to my hood and it was pretty much a bolt on with only a little sanding needed to the rear to get the perfect fit.
Flip, how did that hood work out?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I received a reply from Jessica at Crites this morning. They are looking into making the trunk lid and doors, but are not 100% certain yet. I'm sure they are wanting to make sure the market will be there. If you own a 65/66 I would suggest contacting them and letting them know we are interested in these parts being produced. Hey it's a start on getting up to speed for parts like the other years and models.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The reason, why it is advantageous to purchase auto parts online, is the fact that it saves time and money. It takes less time to look for the auto part in the store and more time to research on the internet about it. Moreover, since you have to pay for shipping costs, this process will end up costing you more than if you bought them from a store, so navigate to this website now to give your vehicle a new look. So, by shopping for your auto parts online, you save more money in the long term because we have already calculated all the shipping costs before making an order.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts