Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just finished up my engine bay, its all most perfect ! all original "restored" number matching 390 big block 4bbl, with a factory 4 speed gear box floor shift very rare, also the interior color is rare ivy/gold, I hope you enjoy it,

Attachments

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Best part about the whole thing is I did ALL the work myself , money didn't buy this hard work did
Hello mcpherson4055,

You did such a nice job with the car! I know doing all or even most of the work is the most daunting yet rewarding part of it all. It's nice to have pride in your work and it shows.

If I may just ask a few questions and please don't take it the wrong way, just the OCD part of me wants to know :).

Why did you use an aluminum radiator instead of the OEM brass/copper one? If memory serves on '65 models washers were an option? I say this because the 2 speed wiper motor on yours doesn't have the switch contacts for the washer pulser. But I noticed you have a washer bag. How does the wash pulser in your gal work without the cycling switch on the wiper motor?

I do love the ivy gold colour combo. Looks really nice! May I ask where did you get your seats recovered or buy the seat covers?

Again very well done!

Cheers

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hello mcpherson4055,

You did such a nice job with the car! I know doing all or even most of the work is the most daunting yet rewarding part of it all. It's nice to have pride in your work and it shows.

If I may just ask a few questions and please don't take it the wrong way, just the OCD part of me wants to know :).

Why did you use an aluminum radiator instead of the OEM brass/copper one? If memory serves on '65 models washers were an option? I say this because the 2 speed wiper motor on yours doesn't have the switch contacts for the washer pulser. But I noticed you have a washer bag. How does the wash pulser in your gal work without the cycling switch on the wiper motor?

I do love the ivy gold colour combo. Looks really nice! May I ask where did you get your seats recovered or buy the seat covers?

Again very well done!

Cheers
Seats and interior are all original , now back to the radiator , I bought a brand new reproduction radiator, 753.00 bucks , went to put it in and said to myself there something wrong, long story short , previse owner cut the opening , only this radiator would fit very close to original , I could not find another radiator support wall

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
push or pull(don't remember) the wiper switch makes the pump run
Hello extech,

On the '65/'66 full size the wiper switch is a slider under the main wiper motor slide switch. It's a pulser type pump and the only way to make it pulse was interrupt the current to the pump at a steady cycling rate via a switch assembly on the wiper motor transmission. I was just inquiring what method he used since his wiper motor is the wash delete version.

Cheers

1 - 11 of 11 Posts