Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Thanks for the reply. Any tips on checking the can near the battery? The previous owner just bypassed the entire heat and a/c system, so I don't have much of a starting point. I have replaced all of the vacuum hoses that were obviously bad, checked all of the connections I can find, plus the vacuum valve near the battery that puts fluid into the heater core. I have hot hoses to and from the heater core, and the blower works. Based on the earlier posts on this thread, the vacuum can isn't available, and the vacuum motor doesn't appear to be available any longer from Mac's. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
509 Posts
Look under the dash on the passenger side. If your Merc is anything like the 65-68 Gals there should be three vacuum motors down there. The first one working from the center to the door controls the flapper for the defroster and vents.

The main vacuum line feeding the switch under the dash is feed of the canister by the battery, if that line is disconnected then everything will be in the default settings. Doesn't sound like that is the case, as if there is no vacuum applied to the water valve on the pass. side fender then no water will flow through the core.

Could be rigged up any number of ways. Mine was when I got it, block of wood propping the defroster door, heat AC/Door wired into heat mode, seized cable, water valve gone.... The box under the dash has cracked from the block of wood BTW... So I get to repair or replace that as well.

·
Premium Member
6,122 Posts
For future reference, there is a diagnosis procedure in the Ford Technical Service Bulletin 25 supplement, Article 501 October 29, 1965. "1965 Ford Integral Heater-Air Conditioning System"
Is that, or any info like it, on line?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Got a chance to look today, and for those other Mercury guys, there are 3 motors on the passenger side just as described by fordman 289 for the Galaxie. Still don't have it fixed, but wanted to give an update and thank folks for the help and info.

·
Premium Member
509 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Thanks. Still nlot sure what the deal is, the vacuum motor in the engine bay works when I plug the line feeding the fitting on top the blower, but the switch linkage has been disconnected, and I know I have at least 2 connections under the dash off. Other than that everything is perfect. Thanks again for the diagrams.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Is that, or any info like it, on line?
To my knowledge, I have not seen TSB 25 posted on-line anywhere but the diagram shown in the link that fordman289 posted is the same as in TSB 25. I have been getting most of my TSB info from fordification.com but their posting of the articles is a work in progress and only go back to 1966. However, there is a lot of info for 1965, even in the 1967 TSB's.
FORDification.com TSB Database • Index page

·
Registered
30 Posts
For future reference, there is a diagnosis procedure in the Ford Technical Service Bulletin 25 supplement, Article 501 October 29, 1965. "1965 Ford Integral Heater-Air Conditioning System"
I have this TSB on PDF (8.1 version). It is 15 separate pages. Please send email address if interested.

·
Registered
75 Posts
based on the number of views to this post, heat seems to be a big deal, (imagine that in Feb). Thanks to Tom for the TSBs, I could not have gotten this far without his help. The PO completely cut, gutted and generally jacked up the heat and a/c in this car. It is a factory a/c car for those who are curious. Anyway, all of the under-hood vacuum lines were rotted or missing, the vacuum water valve was rotted & disconnected, the control cable from the dash was broken, the vacuum check valve was in backwards, and all of the heater hoses were disconnected and or hooked up wrong. Ok, got all of it replaced, thanks again Tom, but now I have an odd problem. The heat blows hotter when the temp slider is on cold than it does when on heat. This is one I can't find info on, and the TSB doesn't address. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello!

I begin to say that i live in Sweden and my english are not the best, but i hope you guys understand me anyway.

I have a 65 galaxie ltd factory AC whit heat issues.

PO has tried to fix it (i guess) and some of the vaccum hoses are not connected.

The car came to Sweden 2012 from califonia so many of the hoses are hard and dry.

I wounder if anyone here have this TSB on pdf so i can get it on email?

I can also post images of my galaxie on the swedish winterroads if someone is interested :)

All the best and a merry crismas to all of you fordfans!

Rikard, Sweden

·
Premium Member
616 Posts
Hello!

I begin to say that i live in Sweden and my english are not the best, but i hope you guys understand me anyway.

I have a 65 galaxie ltd factory AC whit heat issues.

PO has tried to fix it (i guess) and some of the vaccum hoses are not connected.

The car came to Sweden 2012 from califonia so many of the hoses are hard and dry.

I wounder if anyone here have this TSB on pdf so i can get it on email?

I can also post images of my galaxie on the swedish winterroads if someone is interested :)

All the best and a merry crismas to all of you fordfans!

Rikard, Sweden
I can send them to you. I have been working on my heat the past few weeks. Bad vacuum motors and hoses!!! Send me your e-mail address.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts