Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone...If anyone out there knows where I guy can find some body and interior parts for a 1965 Mercury Meteor Montcalm that would be help full. I do live in Alberta Canada so any help in that area is a great help but if there are some good reliable sourses else where I won't say no. As well if there are any websites that somebody knows of it would be appreceited greatly. The car is supporting the 352 with a 2bb carb.

Fluffy

·
Registered
106 Posts
I "think" that it should have the same body as the american Marquies, Monterey, Parklane, maurauder of the same year... Just differnt name & trim on the canadian version.

I searched all over the internet to find the little bit of info on my 67 Monterey... Best bet would be to do a search on those other mercury models to find pics and see if the body's look the same. Check Ebay, Collector Car Traderonline, etc to find pics to refrence.

Check out: http://www.allamericanclassics.com
Looks like they have several full size 65 mercs in their yard...

Good luck with it! Any pics to share?

1969 Chev Camaro

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AHSOM70 on 6/10/04 7:11am ]</font>

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the web site didn't know about that one yet I will look around it a bit. Nice pics on your car nice shape. Mine is not in that nice of shape and needs alot of work. If you want I can send you some pics of it.

Fluffy

·
Registered
322 Posts
Other than the badges on the dash & steering wheel, the interior trim is identical to the same year Galaxie 500. Same seat trim & door panels, everything. The 352 2 barrel was a Canada only engine from 63-65, that's why it dfoesn't show up in US sourced books. Interesting thing, from '63 to '65 the 352-2V was the first step up from the 6. This also applies to Galaxies. There were no 289 full sized cars in Canada until '66

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so the interior is all good what about bodies. I was looking at some of the other suggestions and nothing looks close enough. Is the Galaxy same body style aswell.

Fluffy

·
Registered
322 Posts
1965 Mercury sheetmetal. Meteor has different grill and trim, Merc has lower red tail ligh lenses, Meteor has silver colored blanks.
Doors from a 66 Meteor or Merc will fit, as will the trunk lid, but the front clips are different

·
Registered
3,572 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,529 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Fluffy are you still looking for 1965 Meteor body parts?
I am looking for some montcalm interior door handles as well as some direction on converting it to something with disc brakes and fuel injection. I'm told the crown vic works? I understand it was only canadian made and parts are rare from what i read the ford fairlane and galaxy are similar. I need a new gas tank. and I can not find the name of the paint any where it is paint code 599. I bought my grandpa's station wagon and would like to get it road worthy soon as Grandpa is 90 this year.

Thanks S

1 - 16 of 16 Posts