Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I
To intoduce myself, my name is mike and I have a 1965 meteor rideau. I bought it about 12 years ago and drive it for a while until the 352 developed a rod knock and I parked it.

Just this last fall I began to work on it again. The 352 was gone by this point, the engineless hulk was towed to a friends garage, the 3.03 trans was removed, the manual trans column was swapped for an automatic one from a ‘66 ford custom 500 I found in a junkyard and a ‘79 460 and c6 from an f150 where dropped in.

To prepair for the big day I scoured rockauto and bought motor mounts for an fe powered passenger car and some from an fe powered 70’s truck as well as a truck trans mount and a car one. In all the confusion I confess I’m not sure what set wound up in the car, but I’m convinced either would have worked.

The 3 speed manual driveshaft worked just fine with the engine position I wound up using. The custom 500’s shift linkage was slightly modified with a shift arm for the trans from tci (11$ from jegs)

Exhaust manifolds from the 79 truck and the passengers side head pipe work just fine, the drivers side manifold is in place but the truck head pipe needs to be reworked to clear the steering linkages.

I installed a duraspark system to work with the stock truck distributor and that brings us to its current state of affairs, an aluminum radiator is somewhere in the postal system

I still have to clean out the gas tank and figure out a fan

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Today was a big day for the car, it’s insured, registered and moving under its own power, I brought it home. I’ll improve the exhaust next, and install my kickdown cable.

I hate to mention it Incase it takes me another several years, but this 460 is meant for me to get the car back to proper function, get all the systems up to par, and I have something in my storage unit to make my username accurate.

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The exhaust isn’t going to work on the drivers side unless I move the engine back, it’s as far back as my pickup truck (‘79 f150 front sump) oil pan will allow, after some reasearch (well asking on a 460 forum) I found out a car front sump oil pans allow the engine to be placed up to 2 inches further back. So I bought one from a wrecker. My plan is when I get home to change pans and see about moving it back some. Then I can get some pipes on the old girl.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts