Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some suggestions on a rear end for my 1965 Mustang. Pulled the 200 and put in a 302 with a C4 transmission. But need to put in a different rear end. Don't know what make will fit and if I need an 8 or 9 inch. Someone suggested a 1978 or 79 Ford Granada and would not need to do any alterations. Can't find any. What next. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Need some suggestions on a rear end for my 1965 Mustang. Pulled the 200 and put in a 302 with a C4 transmission. But need to put in a different rear end. Don't know what make will fit and if I need an 8 or 9 inch. Someone suggested a 1978 or 79 Ford Granada and would not need to do any alterations. Can't find any. What next. Any help would be appreciated.
you may wanna check the track width of the granada . i'll bet it's wider . i think the 65-66 are even narrower than the 67-68's . google the specs and do another search using key words like 65 mustang rear end swap and such . lot of um used 9's . you gonna run the old drums up front or doing a spindle swap? the granada's good for spindles . google granada brake swap and get blown away ,. i did it to my 68 alot of fun

·
Registered
865 Posts
What part of the country are you located in. I might be able to help you out since I have a 65 width 9 inch setup that I am thinking about not using anymore.

59 Ford house - needs to be cleaned up prior to use
31 spline used corrent length axles - need bearings
3.5 trac lok used third member

Shipping would make it not a viable option considering the price I need to get out of if, but if you are in the MD area...then you wouldn't need shipping would you ;)

·
Registered
157 Posts
Nick, out of curiosity, what are you looking to get for the 9"?

Sorry to jump in like that but he's close enough I had to ask....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts