Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I there, does someone have pictures for a 1965 gal with these color combo?

vintage burgundy/palomino interior or white interior.

My plan is to change the original color and all the interior need a complete rebuilt.

Vintage burgundy is one of my favorite color so that's why a want to change the color.

thank's

·
Registered
390 Posts
I have a 65 too. I'm working on my interior now. My dash pad both , package tray , head liner are burgundy. The seats, carpet, and door panel will be red. This item i'm getting from dearborn classic. The car is in the paint shop, being painted cream. I want it to be different than everybody car red,black blue,yellow. If you want to you can go to my web site rcchesnutt.smugmug.com if you look a r galaxie that is mine that I,m doing a frame up and is at the paint shop.. the L galaxie is my buddies car. It was the first Galaxie I done and I'm working on it again. Putting a 427 sohc in it. It had a 427 so in it. Will be doing some other work on it. Should tune out to 740 hp. All the othe cars and truck are one I done. I allso have another 65 that's mine that i'm welding out.I think you are on the right track on your colors.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wow, very nice restauration, you are lucky to find a nos dash pad too. hope to see more pics soon,
btw, you have a nice web site
thank's a lot

Today I ordered a complete palomino interior,so my choice is done. About this interior color ,does the dash pad and the metal parts should be palomino or darker like brown?

·
Registered
390 Posts
I was luck I found the long padded dash still in the orinal boxs, never installed. The metal part of the dash I would paint Palamino and brown on the pad. Sounds like it will look good. Allso you got the kick panels. Maybe they should be Palomino. For me two toning the interior is alot better than solid color.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts