Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. For sale is my 1965 Ford Ranchero deluxe. It has a 289 with a 3spd automatic, bench seat, power steering, column shift. I bought this car in a three ranchero package. I was told the engine and trans were rebuilt @ 5 years ago, the car driven for a few hundred miles and then placed in a back lot in Arizona and started just so not to deteriorate too much. When I got the car I got it running and took it for a spin. Long story short, it would intermittently heat up. I pulled the engine and found excessive rust, flaking, and corrosion in the block and cooling system. I replaced the trans front seal. I replaced on the engine; rear main seal, brass freeze plugs, exhaust manifold gaskets, water pump, thermostat, carb. gaskets, all hoses, both belts, rebuilt radiator, added gano coolant filter, oil pan gasket, pertronix ignition module added, one wire alternator (int. reg.) added, battery cables, optima battery with new modified mustang battery tray, fan shroud, and h.d. fan. The engine almost runs too cool now. On the inside all I have done is weld in a radio patch panel (orig. radio included), had the seat reupholstered the stock two-tone blue, and rebuild the heater box and add an abs plenum. I got one set of wheels from the three cars, cleaned them up and put new tires on. For the brakes; I converted to a dual master cylinder, front brake hard lines, all flex lines, all h.d. drums, all wheel cylinders, all hardware kits, and all h.d. shoes. For the steering I replaced; inner and outer tie rods, center link, ram assy. and a hoses. For the suspension I replaced; upper and lower control arm assys. strut rod bushings, added a 1” front sway bar, and did the Shelby upper control arm relocation. As for the body, it is fairly straight. I think a lot of the paint is original. I took the straightest tail gate of the three cars and put it on this one. The car has “surface” rust in my opinion but I know this subject is an objective one, so you will have to come and see. It does have two rust holes between the back of the cab and the bed compartment. The carpet is out so you can see how solid it is. I have access to a lift so you can view it top to bottom inside and out. The car has all its’ side “spears”, grill and trim although not pictured. It is missing its’ factory gas cap and side mirrors. It also comes with new door handles, door latch mech. and some other misc. parts. After all this work that was done I haven’t put more than 200 miles on the car. Having said all this, the car still needs lots of work. It needs paint in and out, all the weather stripping, front windshield and it still has a small leak, I’m thinking transmission. The car runs, drives, and stops nice. I have two many projects to finish, plus I was never that into Rancheros to put more blood sweat and cash into this one. This car has great bones. $4250.00

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts