Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 65 Ranchero, 289 2bbl, auto from my grand dad. Motor sounds strong, but it has a lifter tick, a miss, and the elec choke doesn't seem to work. Takes a lot of throttle pumping to get it to start, and then it runs rich till the R's come up.

Am looking for some good service manuals. Are there any free digital copies of the Ford manual available? Anybody have any links?

·
Registered
4 Posts
@ MountainMan

Test the electric choke for proper ground. Check the choke assembly voltage using a volt meter set to 50 Volts DC. If it is faulty you can order one here: nospartsltd.com Enter the year code C5AZ, sort by Title, and you will find the Electric Choke Assembly. Call them before ordering for any help and to adjust shipping charges. Also summitracing.com Melvinsclassicford parts.com Mustangsunlimited.com Falconparts.com (great prices here)

You can find the 1965 Ford Falcon Mustang Comet Repair manual, both in CD and
as a soft cover Shop Manual here: Faxonautoliterature.com (great pricing, very fast service). I use the softcover in the shop, and the CD in my office.

Adjust the lifters using the shop manual as a guide. Invest in a good feeler guage.

Replace the fuel filter(s)

Adjust the idle at operating temperature.

Set the timing. Do not put hand or fingers or equipment into the fan.

txsleds sends regards.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts