Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Alright my dad has a 65 tbird landua he is doing a sort of factory restoration on. Goin to be a weekend driver and parking lot car show car. but nothing special. cars got good bones and is numbers matching. In a hunt for parts i have come accross several 65s. so im thinking of buying one also.
And the one im goin to buy is a Plain jane 65

Here is what im wanting to do. Mostly stock outside cut hood scoop out and add an inch and a half to it so it looks stock but more noticable . int dont know yet my question and reason for the post comes with the drive train.
I want a good cruise car. wana run entire route 66 with power ac and decent milage while being able two kill rice rockets with the giant bird. My original plan came with a test drive of my moms triton 5.4 truck it is fairly quick for a pickup. And with the 5.4 tq would get the old bird up and moving quick

So i was thinking 5.4 built to be able to take a supercharger later on maybe after next deployment. tremic 5 or 6 speed. question is will it fit. Whats hard with 5.4 im a push rod guy and this will be my first mod motor attempt. So anyone who has put a mod motor where it doesnt belong would have usefull info for me. I was a union welder before army so fab work isnt an issue. i built nuke waste haulers back in the day pretty sure i can handle puttin a tranny tunnel in and build sum motor mounts.

if i go 351w it will be fuel inj. 393 based of stang parts and a cobra computer.

·
Premium Member
34,855 Posts
Silly silly Silly... :(

There are approximately 55,000 +- twelve, 64-66 Landau T-birds in my state alone. The landau was the most prolific style made in 65 and I see them suckers everywhere I look.

Now you risk drawing my ire when you mention numbers matching in the same damn paragraph as 351 Windsor and or 5.4L.

If you're changing schitt it simply don't mean ANYTHING to have a numbers matching car...

Good luck! I think a 5.4L would be awesome in a 65 Bird!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
First talking 2 diffrent cars. his is a numbers matching 390 car loaded all power and ect.....

My car is just a parts car. Its a shell what i was saying was that the car im building is just a parts car and didnt wanna hear the restore it post. lookin for sumbody that has attempted a 5.4 swap in 60's tbird

would like 2 cruise with the old man 1 factory tbird 1 restomod tbird

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes thats what im wanting. roll with the pops his orginal in front followed by an animal a tbird rollin down route 66 from chicago to the ocean

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.