Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was hoping some of you out there could post some pictures of the interior trim panel that finishes off the cab behind the seats. When i got my 1966 it was missing. Im pretty sure its the same on 1966's and 1967's. Thanks

·
Registered
337 Posts
I understand your concern that something is missing. I thought the same thing. The deluxe models may have, but my basic model did not. So I pop riveted a sheet of aluminum to the top and bottom flanges. Then when I had custom carpets made I had the shop cover the area with the same carpet used on the floor. That was in 1992 and it still looks good.
1967 Ranchero, 89 Mustang 5.0 w/aod, subframe connectors, Monarch/Granada disc brakes, 235-60x15 wheels and tires. 150,000 miles since conversion in 1992.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info, mine is a deluxe interior with bucket seats. It did have a black painted fiber board covering the area but I figured it wasn't original. I may have to try and replicate it.

·
Registered
240 Posts
The stock "deluxe" option was a small attachment that ran across the top of the rear bulkhead. This attachment had a small rod inserted into it, around which fabric is attached, hanging down from the rod. This allowed easier access to the storage compartment, while hiding the unsightly bulkhead.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Heres the original panels that were on the car

Then here is what i made using a sheet of aircraft plastic, aerosol adhesive, and felt

I didnt have the steering all the way in at this point, but heres some interior.

If you try to make the door panels like this, i would suggest to put a pad or something behind it (im dealing with it rattling when the car is idling)

·
Registered
368 Posts
I would bet it's the same panel that on 68-69's. The rear panel on my cab looks the same as what's pictured above. There's a fiberboard panel that curves in at the top and is held by a trim piece just under the rear window. This panel has a curtain at the lower edge that covers the rear access compartments. The passenger side has a bit of extra material to cover the spare tire.

These panels are available - I've seen them in the catalogs. Here it is from Dearborn. Their description is a bit off, but it's the panel you're looking for.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts