Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I am trying to order new seat covers for my Galaxie from Dearborn Classics. the ones they have on there online catalog say they are for a hard top I have a fastback.. I emailed them to see if they would fit and his reply was basically he wasnt sure to call and talk to there tech guy and maybe they can special order them.. Is there a difference in front bench seat from a hard top to a fasback? or does anyone know where I can get bench seat covers for a fastback?

this is the part I was looking to purchase.

Front Bench & Rear Seat Cover Set, Hardtop, Galaxie 500, 1966 - Ford Parts

Thanks..

·
Premium Member
5,912 Posts
No help but thanks, I did not know there was a 2-door hardtop, thought all the coupes were fastbacks or verts.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Yes...the fastback is considerd a hardtop, so they should fit. I ordered mine from New England Mustang (They may buy them from Dearborn...I was told this, but can't confirm) and they were perfect...about $20 more than what Dearborn has them for. I have a 66 Fastback, so I can vouch that they are correct. New England Mustang is also reproducing the door panels for the non-XL/7-Liter Fastbacks, for $600 a set...pricey, but they are the first that I am aware of. I think you are fine ordering from Dearborn.

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
do you have pictures of your seat? I would like to see the pattern they have.
thanks.

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thank you for the picture..

I actually just bought another 66 a 500 with a 390... that I am redoing.. :)

I love those 66's

1 - 6 of 6 Posts